Life Of Riley - Series 1 Page 6

In my opinion, it's awful and looks typical of something which isn't going to get a second series - so why sit through the first one? The Green Green Grass was no better either. We're not desperate for comedy, especially bad comedy, but if I fancy a laugh a stick an episode of Rising Damp or The Likely Lads on.

Wish me luck, I'm going to try it again on iPlayer.

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2009, 3:14 PM GMT

What do you mean, again???!!!!

No - I mean this week's episode. (I didn't last long did I?)

Just caught second episode, don't know what it is, can't get myself to laugh or like anything about it, in different hands would it be funny, word for word if it had been an episode of After You've Gone or My Family it would have been much funnier, so I put it down to character.

Terrible. You can tell a show is bad when they can't even find funny bits for the trailer. And Caroline Quentin is eminently punchable.

I'd like to see her in a fight with Lisa Tarbuck.

In Jello?

Maddy's husband, Jim, decides that her ex-husband, Robbie, is his new best friend. While Jim and Robbie bond by putting up shelves, Maddy's stepson, Danny, decides to come out of the closet.

First Broadcast Details
Date:Thu 22nd January 2009
Time:20.00
Channel:BBC One
Length:30 minutes
Missed This Episode?
This episode is currently available to watch online for free: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Let's face it no one is going to pay to watch it are they!!!!

Right, despite my instincts, I decided to watch the third episode last night.

Negatives:
* The total hammering of unfunny jokes again. Last night it was "Ted looks like the woman from the newsagent". A gag used 3 times, utterly unconvincingly and not at all funny. This show seriously needed someone to sit down and actually watch the bloody thing impartially before they settled on shite like this.

* 'Danny is gay'. An absolutely unbelievable lie that no-one in their right mind would believe, delivered terribly, exploited terribly and with no pay of whatsoever. It achieved one thing, it made Caroline Quentin's character look even more stupid than last week, which I didn't think was possible.

* The guy playing Quentin's ex-husband had far more chemistry with her than the guy playing her current husband. Ooops.

* The girl who plays the daughter is just utterly appalling.

Positives:
* It wasn't painful to watch this week. Despite the holes, it felt more pleasant throughout.

* The Elvis/elves gag was worth sitting through the whole show for, it was really funny and I didn't see it coming at all.

I agree with rick!

I did actually laugh at the Elvis gag.

I hang my head in shame.

So... are people enjoying this show or not?

It's alright.

Quote: Aaron @ January 23 2009, 11:12 AM GMT

It's alright.

DVD quote right there. I've done that 'joke' too many times now.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 23 2009, 11:22 AM GMT

DVD quote right there. I've done that 'joke' too many times now.

You should write for Coming of Age then.

Quote: Marc P @ January 23 2009, 10:07 AM GMT

So... are people enjoying this show or not?

No. It really is awfull.

But strangely I'm drawn to watching it just to see how bad it is.

However the Elvis/elves gag was funny. So that's one laugh in three episodes.