The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 1 Page 12

Good to see someone not afraid to black up. :)

Lots to laugh at in this episode - really funny. Almost every sketch was a winner.

Anyhoo, getting back to the point of this thread...will someone please get me a date with the ginger actress?

I thought it was a bit weak again. Some good ones, but some really pretty mediocre.

Much better than last weeks. I liked the Sugababes sketch, Harrow Harrow, Guantanamo Baywatch and the Pun Detective. "She's popped her clogs," ha. One of the only sketches I wasn't keen on was the 9/11 playset. Overall it was good.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ August 15 2008, 10:44 PM BST

Much better than last weeks. I liked the Sugababes sketch, Harrow Harrow, Guantanamo Baywatch and the Pun Detective. "She's popped her clogs," ha. One of the only sketches I wasn't keen on was the 9/11 playset. Overall it was good.

I agree. The 9/11 one made me wince, but even the 'free sequels DVD' one made me laugh - the sequel to The Snowman 'we're walking in the air...' :)

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 15 2008, 10:49 PM BST

even the 'free sequels DVD' one made me laugh - the sequel to The Snowman 'we're walking in the air...' :)

I liked "The second to last of the Mohicans" one. Just his face at the end. :)

Just watched the biggest load of drivel & unfunniest tv ever.

Have watched it before and thought I'd give it another go, but it just doesn't work.

What a load of bollox. Not funny, and the gag about the guy found dead with ice cream on his head 'has topped himself' was sent round our office emails in about 1994.

Lame jokes are acceptable at work when you need something to relieve the boredom, but not on a Friday night.

Sad, so very very sad.
Errr

Oh - and the 'Nursery Crime Squad' with the enchanted mirror - "I ain't saying nuffink without my lawyer". Top.

Quote: kevinbishopshowiscrap @ August 15 2008, 10:53 PM BST

Have watched it before and thought I'd give it another go, but it just doesn't work.

What a load of bollox. Not funny, and the gag about the guy found dead with ice cream on his head 'has topped himself' was sent round our office emails in about 1994.

Lame jokes are acceptable at work when you need something to relieve the boredom, but not on a Friday night.

Sad, so very very sad.
Errr

The fact that pun was so cheesy and predictable was the whole point.

He was the pun detective.

Sad, so very very sad.
Errr

Welcome to the board. Are you one of the Frodsham Bishopshowiscraps?

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 15 2008, 11:03 PM BST

Prezunctly. :)

Wow - you really don't like it do you! Anyway, welcome to the site.

My favourite sketches in this latest episode were the SugarBabes (very funny seeing them in drag) and, as seems to be in common with others, the Vietnam 'Allo 'Allo!. The Pun Detective was based on old jokes, but that made me laugh still.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 15 2008, 10:35 PM BST

Anyhoo, getting back to the point of this thread...will someone please get me a date with the ginger actress?

Ha ha. Get in line.

Her name is Karen Gillan. Photos here

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 15 2008, 11:03 PM BST

Oh - and the 'Nursery Crime Squad' with the enchanted mirror - "I ain't saying nuffink without my lawyer". Top.

So why does that make it funny? Just because it's cheesy and predictable????

The pun detective also says: What lies at the bottom of the sea and shivers.Errr..... a nervous wreck Laughing out loud

Ha ha great cheese, BUT do I want to watch this on TV?... No.... Boring.

Cheesy, predictable and forgetable. Sad, Sad, Sad.

lame lame lame NOT witty, i'm afraid

Wit isn't the be-all and end-all.

When the dead man was lying on the floor covered in ice cream/hundreds & thousands, and the pun detective said "I think it's obvious what happened here. He topped himself"......I nearly fell off my chair with laughter. Laughing out loud

Also (and I'm not even remotely racist) the bit where it showed a picture of a black man accompanied by text saying "Coming up next.......Black Adder" had me in stitches.

I think, despite a few duds, the delivery and timing of some of the lines in Kevin Bishop's sketches are excellent. Am liking the show so far, definitely. Walken's Crisps and the Brucie Die Hard sketches in the earlier episode were both mint too.

I think this week was.. well weak! The 9/11 sketch was so bad and unoriginal.. how many kids do you think have already done that with lego bricks and their finger!
It's just not really a topic that should be touched. Hopefully better next week!