The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 1

This starts tomorrow tonight (Friday, 10pm, C4). It's worth checking out - there's a couple of duds, but with such a refreshingly fast pace (three or four sketches a minute) they're quickly swept aside by a larger quantity of quality sketches. Watch out for the age of consent rap, Stephen Hawking's new wheels and Simon Cowell's brother Brian.

See our guide for more info, a trailer and an exclusive interview with Kevin Bishop.

Love the interview!

I can't wait for this. I really liked the pilot especially LOTSW USA. Kevin Bishop is very talented. Also, great interview. Thanks.

I really enjoyed the pilot. He's a great mimic - hopefully the series will keep up the high standard.

The Harry Hill bit on the advert is very funny.

Genuinely one of the nicest guys I've met. Not sure exactly how it comes across to others in the interview, but he sounds proper Cockeny stylee, really friendly genuine guy. :)

Aw!
He was on Charlotte Church tonight.
I missed it though, of course.

First time I have put a face to the name, he seems a nice guy - Charlotte C interviewing Jonathan Ross was embarrassing though.

I saw that bit!
I quite liked it when he was saying, for no apparent reason, why he wouldn't cheat on his wife.
It was sweet, but a bit weird.

She seems to believe that swearing a lot is good interview technique and JR just joined in.

The previews I've read about this show are pretty ominous. Lab Rats ominous.

I loved Kevin Bishop when he was in Spoons and the material was good, but I thought his pilot for this was very weak. I will give it another go or two, but I'm not expecting much.

Kevin Bishop's okay, but there's something lightweight about him.

Quote: chipolata @ July 25 2008, 9:39 AM BST

The previews I've read about this show are pretty ominous. Lab Rats ominous.

It won't please all, and won't even be slightly relevant in a couple of years - as he himself admitted - but it's not a bad show at all. I've seen the first episode, and am looking forward to checking out the rest.

I liked the pilot, so I'm looking forward to this; I think TV really needs a good sketch show, there's been too many ropey ones over the last few years.