The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 1 Page 9

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2008, 8:42 PM BST

No it's not. :)

Yes it is. Angry

Anyway I'm sure they did a news version of this on BBC2 a couple of years ago.

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ August 4 2008, 8:43 PM BST

Yes it is. Angry

Well my Dad's bigger than your Dad. Angry

Yeah well my dad would've been bigger than your dad if he wasn't deader than an old man's foreskin. So there!

I spot an attempt to increase post counts... back on topic please!

(ironically I've just increased my post count by posting this so I better say something about the show...)

What I don't understand is why they repeated the Ross Kemp idea during the episode - why not span that across multiple episodes so it didn't suffer from over-familiarity.

I agree.

:D

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ August 4 2008, 9:06 PM BST

Yeah well my dad would've been bigger than your dad if he wasn't deader than an old man's foreskin. So there!

Bugger.

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ August 4 2008, 8:58 PM BST

Broken News. I thought it was quite funny. The sort of thing you had to watch a few times cos of all the banners/stories going on in the background.

Dan

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ August 4 2008, 8:58 PM BST

Surprisingly, the bored channel hopper idea seems to come from Germany.

There's a show called "Switch" from 1997, that is pretty much identical to the Kevin Bishop Show (from what I've seen on youtube), and "Kalkofes Mattscheibe", which started in 1994 and is now in its 8th series.

Quote: swerytd @ August 5 2008, 9:45 AM BST

Broken News. I thought it was quite funny. The sort of thing you had to watch a few times cos of all the banners/stories going on in the background.

Dan

Yeah that's it Broken News and I agree it was funny.

Quote: Finck @ August 5 2008, 10:10 AM BST

Surprisingly, the bored channel hopper idea seems to come from Germany.

There's a show called "Switch" from 1997, that is pretty much identical to the Kevin Bishop Show (from what I've seen on youtube), and "Kalkofes Mattscheibe", which started in 1994 and is now in its 8th series.

Crikey there really is nothing new under the sun.

Quote: swerytd @ August 5 2008, 9:45 AM BST

Dan

I just found that a bit annoying and not funny at all.

I really liked Broken News. And it was infinitely better than this Kevin Bishop thing.

Managed five minutes of Broken News. Not remotely funny. Give me Spaced any day.

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2008, 6:53 PM BST

Managed five minutes of Broken News. Not remotely funny. Give me Spaced any day.

:D