Love Soup Series 2 Page 8

Quote: zooo @ March 22, 2008, 9:52 PM

I thought it was supposed to have been implied though.

Yeah, the definite implication of the phonecall scene was that he'd died. True that without it being explicitly said we wouldn't have been able to be totally 100% sure, but I don't think that there was any reasonable alternative conclusion which we could have come to.

Hello guys, I've been stalking these boards for years but never actually joined...until now.

I'm a huge sitcom nut; in fact I adore comedy in general and am very passionate about it. I did a little writing before I went to university and entered the BBC's ‘Last Laugh’ competition, although I didn't get very far.

I prefer 'studio-based' sitcoms with an audience and am concerned about how few quality sitcoms are studio-based these days, ‘Not Going Out’ and ‘IT Crowd’ excluded.

Anyway I adore David Renwick's writing, just hearing the title theme from Jonathan Creek makes me quiver in a quite unhealthy manner. I was a little disappointed with Love Soup series one, but soon discovered the beauty is in the subtlety of the writing along with the strong performances. Series 2 runs far smoother and although some of the fun has been lost, the show has gained coherence necessary for a sitcom to thrive.

This is one of those programs that no one I know watches, and no doubt it will be forgotten like so many great sitcoms, only remembered by the small minority like us - as far as I'm concerned, that makes us the lucky ones!

Morgan

Hellloooooooooooooooooooooo Wave

P.S. Studio sitcoms > anything else.

Tony flipping Gardner on next week!

So excited I may expire.

*Googles*

Ohh, him. Yeah. Well, not so much next week as this week.

And then Tennant doing The Friday Night Project next week. You must be so excited! :)

I am moist.

Oh, and of course Doctor Who being on the day after that!

Bloody hell.
Is it Christmas?

It is if you decree it to be, oh Great One! :D

I saw the latest part later - online. But did I miss any actual reference to the reason the Yank (I'm crap at names) didn't turn up in the previous episode?

I thought it was still just implied.

At the very end of the previous episode, Alice received a call from a 'colleague' of his. We didn't hear any further of the call than that, but it was clearly indicated that he'd died, and I got the impression that it would have been a tragic accident.

(As opposed to heart attack or something.)

And then in the episode after that, one of the girls said to Alice something like, 'not all blind dates will drop dead on you with a heart attack like that one did'.
Something like that.

Aaron obviously didn't watch that one properly. :)

Ah.

Well.

Erm.

Yes.

(So she did. Good memory zooo.)

:)

Thanks zooo. That's the bit I missed because I saw the phone call from Victor Meldrew's neighbour where it was just strongly hinted at.