Love Soup Series 2 Page 12

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 5 2008, 3:26 PM BST

I loved Milly and Cleo's banter about Douglas cutting himself in the bath. I know that sounds morbid, but it was when Cleo said "Why do they always have to do it in the bath!?" that got me.

And then Gazza tries it.

The power of TV.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 4 2008, 10:30 PM BST

It was good and well structured again - although not as dynamic as you would expect - but I think the best sitcom on TV at the moment.

Agreed David, it's a terrific show. There are a number of truly excellent comic ideas in every episode, David Renwick obviously puts a lot of thought into his scripts and it shows.

Just got the Series 2 DVD. Quick review if anyone's interested: 2 discs, six episodes apiece. Two main featurettes of approx. 16m duration, one looking at the editing of an episode and one looking at location shooting (both interesting). 10m or so of deleted scenes and a 6m outtakes reel. The packaging also mentions something called 'Making a Nightmare', which I assume to be a look at the making of the ventriloquist's dummy sequence in Episode 3 -- but I couldn't find this!

BTW I did look ahead, but wouldn't dream of spoiling it for anyone ;)

Hello Dene

Should introduce yourself on your own thread.

Renwick's structuring is sooooooo good.

I think he might be some kind of god...

So, anyone see the penultimate episode? WHAT are they insinuating might happen in the last one? :O

I have never been so intrigued.
Well, almost never.

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ May 5 2008, 10:01 PM BST

BTW I did look ahead, but wouldn't dream of spoiling it for anyone ;)

Don't!
But ohmygodIwanttoknow.
:D

I didn't even consider that they might be "building up" to something

A bit disappointed that there's less and less of the shop and the girls as the series progresses. But still good stuff.

I did begin to wonder what the need for Helen Lederer to be armless was.

I've got the DVD so I've already seen how the series ends. It is rather moving and I think sets of the whole thing rather well.

Don't worry, I won't give away any spoilers.

I think it's ridiculous selling DVDs before the end of the series but I suppose it puts off pirates and downloaders.

No, it most certainly doesn't. ;)

yeah, I'd tend to agree with Aaron, there...

:)

hi-rez at: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2110/2494867437_0d01313792_o.jpg

The cover is designed to be multi-series.

I wound up liking this programme a lot more than I thought I would, probably through the excellence and adorability of Tamsin Greig. Love that girl! (Although it's not a patch on Green Wing.)

Quote: annagranfors @ May 15 2008, 9:36 PM BST

(Although it's not a patch on Green Wing.)

Nope it is worthy of more than a patch and the pure excellence of the writer makes it an entire elastic bandage around Green Wing :P

:O YOU INSANE FREAK!

Sure you want to say that Aaron?

That's one of the meanest Avatars I've ever seen.

Oddly, I'm not much of a Renwickian, although I'm obviously in the minority there. I liked but didn't love Jonathan Creek for the same reason. (Alan Davies' beauty was the drawing card with that one.)

Aaron: "you insane freak Anna" or "you insane freak Alan"? sootyj: my avatar's mean? oy--I'm confused...

Quote: annagranfors @ May 15 2008, 10:44 PM BST

Aaron: "you insane freak Anna" or "you insane freak Alan"? sootyj: my avatar's mean? oy--I'm confused...

Pretty sure that was meant for me Anna