I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,693

Quote: billwill @ 7th November 2023, 6:31 PM

Source? Or did you just invent that out of thin air.

And is that figure for NOW with only a small number of seekers on board, or is it for when the barge is full?

All hail Lofthouse: Purveyor of useless information !!!

" Nicola David from the NGO One Life to Live has carried out research into costings for the barge based on publicly available financial information. Based on the £8m a day figure for hotels and a maximum occupancy level of 425 for the barge, she has calculated that a hotel room per person per day costs an average of £157 while the figure for the barge works out at £172.45 - 10% more."

Today's Covid inquiry confirms what we all knew - Johnson is a bare faced liar :

Johnson's former aide, Eddie Lister today: "I recall the PM saying in September 2020 that he would rather 'let the bodies pile high' than impose another lockdown."

Starmer asked him at the time in Parliament if he did say this - "no, Mr Speaker"

Such utter contempt for the people of this country and for Parliament too

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and attitude

I feel a bit sorry for Nadine Dorries. She's released her book full of bombshells about sinister shadowy cabals, rabbit killers and Dr No, and nobody cares.

Karma, she didn't care about her constituents.

I bet the original draft copy was titled :

The Plot: the Political Assassination of Boris Johnson - by Dame Nadine Dorries

Oh dear oh dear, it seems that "One Life to Live" thinks that asylum seekers should not be housed on the barge because of something the boat company did 200 years ago.:

From the Guardian (undated, but apparently from 10 Jul 2023) :

In a separate piece of research One Life to Live has discovered that Bibby Marine, the company the Home Office secured the Bibby Stockholm barge from, has historic links with the slave trade with at least three voyages in 1805 and 1806 transporting enslaved people from various parts of Africa to other parts of the world including the Caribbean.

The research calls on the company to be "on the right side of history" and not have people of colour on their barge living in difficult conditions.

That's terrible Bill ! You'd never get a Brexiteer trying to trigger a Remoner. Just because you had a near death experience with an inflatable dingy, that doesn't give you the right to get all "PTSD" about boats ! Soft southern hemisphered people. They'll be saying this is like a subtle version of Windrush next.

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th November 2023, 12:13 PM

I bet the original draft copy was titled :

The Plot: the Political Assassination of Boris Johnson - by Dame Nadine Dorries

When I don't wear my glasses, Nardine's blond bob looks a bit like Boris's. Which is worrying, because I find Nad's attractive.

The only chance she will get to be a Dame this Christmas is if she auditions for Pantomime Dame at her local production of Aladdin

Quote: Firkin @ 8th November 2023, 1:26 PM

When I don't wear my glasses, Nardine's blond bob looks a bit like Boris's. Which is worrying, because I find Nad's attractive.

If you like nads. I'll send you a picture of mine if you want.

No doubt that the head of the Met understands how the likes of Mick Lynch feels when dealing with these charlatans and their buck passing. This after the Prime Minister states that it will be the Mets fault if there is trouble on Saturday?. All the Met are doing is implementing the laws as passed by the government yet they will shoulder the blame.
At the same time Braverman is inciting football hooligans many with swastika tattoos to protect the Cenotaph. While Sunak having met Musk last week may not be all that surprised that the Yob Yaxley and the hideous Hopkins have been let back onto Twitter. Let's be honest these people need riots not peace otherwise they have nothing to give us after taking everything else over the last 13 terrible years of misery, mayhem and mismanagement.

My favourite text message from the Covid inquiry today...

19/06/2020 - Mark Sedwill - "Hancock so far up BJ's arse , his ankles are brown"

Mr schadenfreude here.

" BORIS Johnson "wanted to be injected with Covid-19 on television" to calm public fears, the Covid Inquiry has heard.

The claim came from a witness statement given to the inquiry by Lord Lister, a former aide to the ex-Prime Minister.

He said Johnson "suggested to senior civil servants and advisers that he wanted to be injected with Covid-19 on television to demonstrate to the public that it did not pose a threat".

😜🤪😜🤪😜🤪😜🤪😜🤪😜🤪😜🤪

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th November 2023, 11:59 AM

" BORIS Johnson "wanted to be injected with Covid-19 on television" to calm public fears, the Covid Inquiry has heard.

I'd watch.
Worth the license fee on its own.

Anybody else think that Boris getting Covid and being whisked away to Chequers for a few days was a little convenient? "See, even I can get it" And then ignoring the rules they'd set for the rest of us to avoid it.