I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,694

I doubt it

He did look seriously ill

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th November 2023, 12:02 PM

Personally I'm kinda more interested in what politicians have to say on the issue ....

"Tory minister accuses Suella Braverman of fuelling far-right anger ahead of pro-Palestinian march" Source: The Independent. She's called these demonstrations "Hate Marches" and accused our Police of being bias. Given war crimes have massacred over 10K in less than a month why is our Internal Minster putting her bias boot in ?

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th November 2023, 12:48 PM

I doubt it

He did look seriously ill

He never looks like an ad for the body beautiful though ;)

Quote: fasty @ 9th November 2023, 1:12 PM

If somebody machine-gunned my kids at the Download Festival and hid in a neighbour's house with their knowledge and permission, then the neighbour would have to take their chances with them.

But would massacring your entire street and intimidating anyone who points out this is a crime be a justified response ? Would you expect the Police to forget the law and look the other way ?

Quote: fasty @ 9th November 2023, 12:38 PM

Anybody else think that Boris getting Covid and being whisked away to Chequers for a few days was a little convenient? "See, even I can get it" And then ignoring the rules they'd set for the rest of us to avoid it.

He's probably the biggest liar in modern British political history.
But I don't doubt that he genuinely had Covid 19.
It was hardly surprising after he openly shook hands with so many people early on.
And he had no real reason to pretend he had it.
Probably only Trump handled the crisis worse than Johnson.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 9th November 2023, 7:38 PM

He's probably the biggest liar in modern British political history.
But I don't doubt that he genuinely had Covid 19.
It was hardly surprising after he openly shook hands with so many people early on.
And he had no real reason to pretend he had it.
Probably only Trump handled the crisis worse than Johnson.

Look! He's a politician. They all lie.

You don't know who would have done any better under the circumstances. I mean Cummings was an advisor. Did anyone take his advice?

Yes but even he admits he was completely out of his depth and not suitable for his role

An advisor who by his own admission hadn't a f**king clue what he was doing

Surrounded by charlatans and incompetent people

A once in a hundred years health emergency and we were lumbered with a bunch of muppets running the country

Bad baddddd timing

Quote: Chappers @ 10th November 2023, 7:49 PM

Look! He's a politician. They all lie.

Not like Johnson! He was a special case (see also: Trump)

Looking extremely likely that Braverman will get sacked very soon

Regarding her replacement, my bet would be Grant Schapps

He's only held about 5 cabinet positions this year so it ticks another role off the list

Jack of all trades, master of absolutely f**k all

Whipped up entirely by the media with no basis.
'she said something we didn't like, let's get her sacked'

She should be sacked because she's not very good at her job. I'm old fashioned in that I like competence in the ministers that work for my country

If you find one, let us all know.

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th November 2023, 10:36 PM

Looking extremely likely that Braverman will get sacked very soon

Regarding her replacement, my bet would be Grant Schapps

He's only held about 5 cabinet positions this year so it ticks another role of the list

Jack of all trades, master of absolutely f**k all

I think she's safe. Sunak doesn't have the balls to sack her.

A lot depends on what happens today.
Then there's the court ruling on the Rwanda Plan this week.
I think he'll wait it out - see if either of those manufacture an excuse.
But it signifies, once again, that the Tory Party is now essentially two parties.
Once in Opposition I think they'll veer one way or the other - and a lot of that depends on who wins the heart of the party over the next few months.

If, indeed, it has a heart.