I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,698

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th November 2023, 11:28 AM

I heard it was the homeless comments that did for her , not the protest stuff

An ultra right winger out- and an ultra remainer in (Cameron)

Her mates will love this

Which homeless group - Gaza or London ?

All the scruffy lazy homeless scum that choose to live rough in Tory Britain

What's the difference between Covid and David Cameron? Covid might go away.

Yawn. I go away for a few days and there's still sarky anti-Tory posts appearing.

I couldn't believe what I was reading when I was going through all the points the king would be making last week and got to the homeless bit. For the government to even think it would be a good idea to fine homeless charities proves there's always been a separation between the conservatives and the common man but in this era it's never been wider. There was a time when destitution was something that could only happen to people with addiction or mental health issues but now evictions can happen to a working family who can no longer make ends meet. Record levels of hunger and nationwide food banks and the Tories still believe in a rough sleeping, sofa-surfing heroin addict stereotype.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th November 2023, 2:20 PM

Yawn. I go away for a few days and there's still sarky anti-Tory posts appearing.

You've been away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enrx2ZAL-lg&ab_channel=hpakythuat

:D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 13th November 2023, 2:30 PM

I couldn't believe what I was reading when I was going through all the points the king would be making last week and got to the homeless bit. For the government to even think it would be a good idea to fine homeless charities proves there's always been a separation between the conservatives and the common man but in this era it's never been wider. There was a time when destitution was something that could only happen to people with addiction or mental health issues but now evictions can happen to a working family who can no longer make ends meet. Record levels of hunger and nationwide food banks and the Tories still believe in a rough sleeping, sofa-surfing heroin addict stereotype.

Yes, and they scrapped bonus capping for millionaire Bank bosses

Quote: Chappers @ 13th November 2023, 2:20 PM

Post something positive about them then....

Good luck

First YouGov polling on the two big reshuffle moves.
What does public think?

BRAVERMAN Right to sack: 57% Wrong to sack: 20%

CAMERON Good decision: 24% Bad decision: 38%

I bet Braverman will get her own show on GBeebies soon

The political failure graveyard

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th November 2023, 3:58 PM

Yes, and they scrapped bonus capping for millionaire Bank bosses

Post something positive about them then....

Good luck

Why do it in a sarcastic manner? Just say what you think. What do they say about sarcasm?

Chappers, sarcasm is a very British style of humour. Did Brexit mean nothing to you ? But I get your point.

On a serious note, satire and sarcasm are popular in Politics, especially when the government is suppressing freedom of speech. Boris started it, he pretending to offer the NHS money on the side of a bus and then later pretending he likes making buses out of egg boxes. That's got to be sarcasm ?

Brexit meant everything to me as I voted for it. It's just all the obstacles put on it by those who were against it.

And satire is fine, sarcasm also in the right place but it's getting really tiresome on here.

Esther McVey made 'minister for common sense'

Now THATS sarcasm

Quote: Chappers @ 13th November 2023, 5:18 PM

Why do it in a sarcastic manner? Just say what you think. What do they say about sarcasm?

I don't agree at all .
Sarcasm can be brilliantly witty. Remember Ɓasil?
"May I ask what view you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain ..."
Who exactly are talking about here anyway? There have not actually been many sarcastic anti-Tory comments on here lately?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 13th November 2023, 2:30 PM

That's a view of one aspect of it, there are obviously genuine homeless people through poverty and breakups and the housing crisis. A view of another aspect is the ones who are there by poor lifestyle choices, drug and alcohol abuse, crime, not wanting to work or pay taxes or be part of the system, and the ones just on the make, aggressively begging, manipulating the public.

Some are illegal immigrants with no right to be here, yet they chose to come here in the middle of a cost of living and housing crisis, and yet charities are encouraging them and the money makers and the drug and sex traffickers among them by handing out food and tents. Not to mention this is also a political move to make the crisis look very visual and heap pressure on the Tory govt most charities are not supporters of.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th November 2023, 5:48 AM

I don't agree at all .
Sarcasm can be brilliantly witty. Remember Ɓasil?

And you don't always recognise it or related irony:

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th November 2023, 4:41 PM

Labour are not actually in power.

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th November 2023, 10:45 PM

Esther McVey made 'minister for common sense'

Now THATS sarcasm

Less than a week after she thought the 'Rokeby Venus' was a painting of Suffragettes.

TBH at this point I think they're trolling.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st November 2023, 7:28 PM

Political "arguments" on the "I read the news today Oh boy" thread.

Snide, smartarse anti government comments are predictably countered by Government supporters.

It just gets really boring. Don't rise to the bait.

Well, you can rest assured now that there will be no need for any further such "arguments" or "anti-government comments". Not now all three main parties are, once again, identical. Now that the cloning machine that previously gave us Blair, Clegg & Cameron is clearly back in operation and flexing its muscles.