I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,697

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th November 2023, 2:41 PM

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th January 2023, 10:28 AM

Try imagining a world where people have different tastes & opinions to you.
It might help.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th November 2023, 6:44 PM

"To seek and preserve public favour, not by pandering to public opinion but by constantly demonstrating absolute impartial service to law, in complete independence of policy, and without regard to the justice or injustice of the substance of individual laws." - Robert Peel

No arrests for serious criminal damage? That's not policing; that's surrender to mob rule.

145 arrests overall. So far! Clearly not "mob rule".
Easy for armchair critics to launch lazy attacks on the police..

I wonder if Netanyahu is watching the BBC and thinking 'Oh, 300.000 people in London chanting 'from the river to the sea and death to Jews and saying 'We'd better pack up boys it's getting serious over there.
Look, they have banners saying 'Queers for Palestine and swastikas and everything. They know what they are talking about.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 13th November 2023, 5:42 AM

145 arrests overall. So far! Clearly not "mob rule".

Shurley shome mishtake.

The whole point that I was addressing was that there were:

Quote: Firkin @ 12th November 2023, 2:50 PM

... "no arrests in the whole protest.

"That is 10,000 passionate people.

Bristol should be proud of itself."

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1294156/Edward-Colston-statue-bristol-Andy-Bennett-latest-black-lives-matter

One of you is 147 out.

Suella's gone.
Right-wing of the Party going bonkers.

Under this PM she will probably be back in two weeks time as Culture Secretary

Until then, good riddance

Quite.
My fireworks gif is getting a right pounding this morning.

3 cheers for the MSM hounding someone out of their job and 3 boo's for a weak prime minister.

And now David Cameron as Foreign Secretary.
The wheels have finally come off.

The man who saddled this country with a disastrous toxic brexit - then ran off to let everybody else sort the mess out

Plus he isn't even an MP - so he cannot even make statements to the House of Commons??

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th November 2023, 9:27 AM

Under this PM she will probably be back in two weeks time as Culture Secretary

Until then, good riddance

And tory party leader in about 12 months time too

Well he's a braverman than me.

Literally a few weeks ago...

"Mr Cameron, writing on social media site X, formerly known as Twitter, said: "Today's decision on HS2 is the wrong one. It will help to fuel the views of those who argue that we can no longer think or act for the long-term as a country; that we are heading in the wrong direction.

"HS2 was about investing for the long-term, bringing the country together, ensuring a more balanced economy and delivering the Northern Powerhouse. We achieved historic, cross-party support, with extensive buy-in from city and local authority leaders across the Midlands and North of England.

"Today's announcement throws away fifteen years of cross-party consensus, sustained over six administrations, and will make it much harder to build consensus for any future long-term projects."

So not a single Tory MP was considered good enough. They had to ask a retired politician who was busy in his garden! 🤣🤣🤣

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th November 2023, 9:47 AM

I think she's safe. Sunak doesn't have the balls to sack her.

Good riddance!
So much for my predictive powers...
Mind you, her position had become totally untenable since then.
Her own fault. Richly deserved. Even the Mail and Express couldn't save her.

I heard it was the homeless comments that did for her , not the protest stuff

An ultra right winger out- and an ultra remainer in (Cameron)

Her mates will love this

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th November 2023, 8:55 AM

Shurley shome mishtake.

The whole point that I was addressing was that there were:

One of you is 147 out.

Billy, I think you're comparing two different demonstrations. I was responding to your post about the Bristol demonstration as an example of woke policing, where as I think Chris's are about the one happened over the weekend. Unless I've missed something ?