I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,692

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th November 2023, 2:01 PM

I'm sure some of you would love a 'block button on here too.
No more reading posts you don't like or agree with, no right-wing opinions ever.

Says the man who regularly gets his knickers in a twist by anybody saying anything negative about the Tories. I salute your complete lack of self awareness, Sir.

Tommy Robinson is ok sporting his mouth off on line and having fights were the victim couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag. But I saw one clip were he and his mates in equal numbers backed down from three big Asian lads it was embarrassing at how much of a shithouse he was he actually fell over trying to flee. As for Katie I have never seen anyone so desperate to noticed she's like the kid who ate worms in school because they were otherwise invisible.

Apparently it costs approximately £15 per day more for an asylum seeker to be kept on that barge, than it does to be kept in a hotel

Genius

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th November 2023, 11:07 AM

Wouldn't wanna miss gems like this:

"Just been asked a question by a very fat child. Had to explain that I don't answer to fat children"

Poisonous c*nt

How very rude of you.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th November 2023, 3:25 PM

Apparently it costs approximately £15 per day more for an asylum seeker to be kept on that barge, than it does to be kept in a hotel

Genius

Yes but hotels are for guests.

Katie Hopkins has absolutely no redeeming features. She is beneath contempt and is a blight on society. She has nothing of interest or value to say and says it very loudly on any platform that will tolerate her. It's a sad existence.

Genius

I love a dogmatic statement that begins "Apparently..."

" Nicola David from the NGO One Life to Live has carried out research into costings for the barge based on publicly available financial information. Based on the £8m a day figure for hotels and a maximum occupancy level of 425 for the barge, she has calculated that a hotel room per person per day costs an average of £157 while the figure for the barge works out at £172.45 - 10% more."

Lofty have you been watching Sheldon Cooper in action? if you have then it has really rubbed off. I do love an empirical come back.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th November 2023, 5:33 PM

" Nicola David from the NGO One Life to Live has carried out research into costings for the barge based on publicly available financial information. Based on the £8m a day figure for hotels and a maximum occupancy level of 425 for the barge, she has calculated that a hotel room per person per day costs an average of £157 while the figure for the barge works out at £172.45 - 10% more."

But would you rather illegal migrants stayed in a hotel rather than holidaymakers or tourists?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th November 2023, 4:47 PM

Katie Hopkins has absolutely no redeeming features. She is beneath contempt and is a blight on society. She has nothing of interest or value to say and says it very loudly on any platform that will tolerate her. It's a sad existence.

But you would though wouldn't you!

Quote: Chappers @ 7th November 2023, 5:52 PM

But would you rather illegal migrants stayed in a hotel rather than holidaymakers or tourists?

It's the hoteliers who'd rather host illegal immigrants.
Usually hotels on their uppers taking the government's money to fill rooms and offer minimal staff & service.
It's a business decision - hotels are on their arse at the moment because no-one's got any money.
Personally I'd rather they spend the money processing the asylum seekers and clearing the backlog.

I wonder why they're prepared to pay more to put traumatized people who almost lost their lives in a dingy, back on a boat ? Is this barge drifting slowly towards France ?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 7th November 2023, 5:44 PM

Lofty have you been watching Sheldon Cooper in action? if you have then it has really rubbed off. I do love an empirical come back.

Bazinga! 🤟

Quote: Chappers @ 7th November 2023, 5:52 PM

But you would though wouldn't you!

:D Absolutely no way Pedro. She used to be attractive in a hooray Henrietta kind of way but beauty is only skin deep and her personality has destroyed any attractiveness she once had. The one time I had any empathy for her was when she had a brain operation because despite her numerous flaws she was still just a person going through a traumatic time in hospital so I hoped it would all go successfully but she has no place on TV or in the media and I think networks are starting to recognise the adverse reaction to having her on TV could vastly outweigh any commercial gain from it.

Genius

Source? Or did you just invent that out of thin air.

And is that figure for NOW with only a small number of seekers on board, or is it for when the barge is full?

All hail Lofthouse: Purveyor of useless information !!!

Nicola said and she's from NGO. The make it up as you go organisation.