The gambling thread Page 31

And the commentator actually said he is a big powerful horse.

How much Horse power?

Can I intrigue someone in a poker game?

Quote: Bob Chanlee @ 8th September 2021, 9:46 AM

Can I intrigue someone in a poker game?

That is a great skit, and Sid plays it beautifully

Once again at Cheltenham this week, Sky bet are doing their 'money back if you lose' offer.

It's obviously a loss leader to get more accounts but fill ya boots...

It used to be a maximum £20 bet but they've dropped that to £10.

Place £10 on the first race and if it loses, they credit you the £10 back to your account - not a free £10 bet but actual cash that you can withdraw straight away.
You can use the same ten quid the next day and so on and if you don't pick a winner, take it back after the festival.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th March 2022, 8:43 AM

Once again at Cheltenham this week, Sky bet are doing their 'money back if you lose' offer.

It's obviously a loss leader to get more accounts but fill ya boots...

It used to be a maximum £20 bet but they've dropped that to £10.

Place £10 on the first race and if it loses, they credit you the £10 back to your account - not a free £10 bet but actual cash that you can withdraw straight away.
You can use the same ten quid the next day and so on and if you don't pick a winner, take it back after the festival.

It's only for day one so don't try it again. Tomorrow it's only money back if you finsh 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th (out of 9 runners). And on Thursday only if you finish 2nd (4 runners).

But Paddy Power are giving a £5 free bet on any race today, tomorrow & Thursday on their website.

Ah, thanks billy. I didn't look, I presumed as they did it for the last few years.

I joined bet 365 for the opening offers
but they give away loads of free five pound bets
at the moment it's one free 5 pound bet for every day of Cheltenham whoever I backed today made me 13.75 so I'm just gong to have a look at tomorrows runners and riders now

all tips welcome

I went for Energumene in the 3.30
Partly because I liked the name and partly because I didn't spot the favourite doh!

There's always Thursday

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th March 2022, 7:42 PM

I went for Energumene in the 3.30
Partly because I liked the name and partly because I didn't spot the favourite doh!

There's always Thursday

Well, Energumene was only one length behind tomorrow's favourite last time out so there's every chance of reversing the placings.

You were right Billy

a £20 quid win on a free bet woo hoo

Right lets check tomorrows runners & riders for the next freebie while I'm on a hot streak

I have been slaughtered at Cheltenham , not a lot of lay out I just do a 20p ew Lucky 15 with a £1 ew accumulator it's only 8 quid. But every horse I picked was shit and one I watched even went backwards and that's not easy.
So let's hope that day 3 is a bit better as I usually do alright at Cheltenham. A few years back I got a Yank up, in the last race it was a photo finish and I had real sweat on as it looked like it was 2nd. But in the end my horse got it, I can only presume that it was smiling in the photo and that swung it.

I do enjoy a 10p Yankee or lucky 15 here and there
It's a fun bet to do without much outlay

I prefer poker No Limit Hold Em I'm not a bad player. I only play the 10p tables but I do love it. I did win £90 once and I went up onto the £1 tables but the chips were flying in so fast that I developed a 'Stuttering Elbow' so I stay below decks now.