The gambling thread

Anyone on here like a flutter?
Whether it be the Lottery, Bingo, or going down the Dog Track from time to time.

If anyone is just here for Horse racing tips then Shame on you.
It's running in the 4.30 at Ascot and I think it's a good each way punt.

I bet you don't get many replies.

At university I shared a house with Rob. He was always down the bookies and won quite a lot.

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2010, 9:55 PM BST

At university I shared a house with Rob. He was always down the bookies and won quite a lot.

I think its very sweet that you try and pretend we have a past. :$

Quote: Rob H @ June 19 2010, 10:03 PM BST

I think its very sweet that you try and pretend we have a past. :$

I wish I had shared a house with the warm Rob H! Rob B was hard work. And it still brings me out in a cold sweat what he left in the toilet that one day.

Ah, I'd have saved you a few quid on your heating bills. Though I was guilty of leaving a few strange things in toilets in my day, I don't mind saying.

And, getting back on topic, I have a flutter on the lottery and have an internet betting account. Mostly for football and horseracing. More to generate a bit of interest in whatever I'm watching than to make money. Which is just as well, given my luck of late.

I like the roulette machines in the bookies. 17,25,2,5,13,18,16,20 are the numbers to bet on.

I've got an internet account, but I play 10p & 20p bets just for a bit of fun.
I do like a bit of Roulette from time to time, at least it's almost fair.

Quote: bigfella @ June 19 2010, 10:15 PM BST

I like the roulette machines in the bookies. 17,25,2,5,13,18,16,20 are the numbers to bet on.

Is there any reasoning behind that?
Do they cover certain portions of the wheel or something?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 19 2010, 10:18 PM BST

Very easy to go silly though. I've got disiplined enough to walk out when I've won.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 19 2010, 10:18 PM BST

Is there any reasoning behind that?
Do they cover certain portions of the wheel or something?

No. Just the numbers I've always bet on.

but I like to cover the bets. So I put it on spilts mainly 2/5 the best one is the 17 combos.

14/17
20/17
16/17
18/17

gives you more chance of winning something each spin and then when 17 comes up.! :)))

I went through a gambling phase about 10 years ago, which lasted for around 2 years. I won quite a lot of money, betting mostly on football. Unfortunately, I also lost a lot of money, so I eventually stopped. There were many highs, e.g. using my winnings to buy musical equipment, and to pay for me and my mate to go to music college; and there were many lows, e.g. the time I missed out on five hundred quid, because a taxi I was travelling in broke down (long story).

The game I always wanter to play when I was in Vegas was Craps.
The tables always seemed to have a good buzz around them.
I more or less understand the rules now but it's still a little bit complicated.

I seem to be incapable of remembering the rules of card games. I learn them, play the game, then a few weeks down the line I've forgotten them again. Blackjack's about my limit.

You should do what I did Rob & try card counting.
The answer was 52 if you're wondering.

Quote: catskillz @ June 19 2010, 10:27 PM BST

I went through a gambling phase about 10 years ago, which lasted for around 2 years. I won quite a lot of money, betting mostly on football. Unfortunately, I also lost a lot of money, so I eventually stopped. There were many highs, e.g. using my winnings to buy musical equipment, and to pay for me and my mate to go to music college; and there were many lows, e.g. the time I missed out on five hundred quid, because a taxi I was travelling in broke down (long story).

Won enough for you and a mate to go to college!!!!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 19 2010, 10:31 PM BST

You should do what I did Rob & try card counting.
The answer was 52 if you're wondering.

That's a very small branch of Hallmark.