The gambling thread Page 10

Champagne Johnny?? its on debut! unraced!!

how can you possibly consider it? based on what??

plus its got a lady jockey - big no no! :)

oh and the on at Market Rasen has failed to finish its last four races and has drifted out to 12/1

i know this is a comedy forum but your surely having a laugh?

thanks for posting but I won't risk it

feel free to poke fun if they DO come in though!

Quote: lofthouse @ February 19 2012, 1:37 PM GMT

plus its got a lady jockey - big no no! :)

Is it?

only jokin Zooo

Hayley Turner is one of the best around

You'd think they'd be lighter. Or maybe they wouldn't... Might depend on boobage.

Quote: zooo @ February 19 2012, 1:48 PM GMT

You'd think they'd be lighter. Or maybe they wouldn't... Might depend on boobage.

I'll give you all tips (privately) and you only pay me if it wins!

That's the only way to make money from gambling.

Roper fell whilst in last place

Hmm

Quote: Badge @ February 19 2012, 1:12 AM GMT

Is there a website about that, catskillz?

Yep: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-604615-bbc-targets-race-cheats.do

What race course puts a horse's dinner on trial/

Haydock

I know you're really going to think I'm a grumpy old git - OK you know I am.

But gambling really is considered the norm these days, betting shops are increasing at an alarming rate, adverts endorsing it are on TV increasingly and several football teams are sponsored by betting companies.

There should be a clampdown on them because in these days when people are more and more hard up it is a temptation to part with hard-earned money that some people can ill-afford to lose on the hope of winning a fortune.

Right - I've had my grumble.

I agree.

Horse racing depends on most people losing.

Poker only one person wins.

I don't think I know anyone who gambles.

(Aside from entering the lottery, obviously.)

I bet you a fiver you do

Quote: Chappers @ February 19 2012, 5:05 PM GMT

But gambling really is considered the norm these days, betting shops are increasing at an alarming rate, adverts endorsing it are on TV increasingly and several football teams are sponsored by betting companies.

There should be a clampdown on them because in these days when people are more and more hard up it is a temptation to part with hard-earned money that some people can ill-afford to lose on the hope of winning a fortune.

I agree that reckless gambling is dangerous. The few pros I have known didn't gamble: they bet at probabilities that were less than the odds they could get. The trick is working out the probabilities in the first place.

Quote: zooo @ February 19 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

I don't think I know anyone who gambles.

(Aside from entering the lottery, obviously.)

Stocks and shares; Commodities; Pension Funds; market-based Savings Accounts; the Housing Market; the whole buying-and-selling thing etc etc.

Most people gamble in one form or another.. and let's not forget our Banks.

Okay I shall rephrase. I don't know anyone who bets on the horses/dogs/etc.

I was responding to this...

Quote: Chappers @ February 19 2012, 5:05 PM GMT

My mate lost over two grand on the x factor

Tit!