The gambling thread Page 7

I'm in!

Quote: lofthouse @ July 1 2011, 6:27 PM BST

Romford greyhounds

tonight

8:48pm

traps 1 & 2

reverse forecast

Returned from 5 days in Vegas last night and didn't wager a cent the entire time.

Quote: DaButt @ July 1 2011, 8:19 PM BST

Returned from 5 days in Vegas last night and didn't wager a cent the entire time.

Impressive. Did you partake in any other local 'amenities'?

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ July 1 2011, 8:21 PM BST

Impressive. Did you partake in any other local 'amenities'?

I drank lots of beer, ate lots of food and took an interesting tour of the Nevada Test Site with my father. He worked there as a soldier in the 50s and a civilian in the 60s while they were nuking the crap out of the desert. We saw Sedan Crater, hundreds of smaller craters, the remains of mock cities which were used in the famous newsreel footage where buildings and mannequins are destroyed. We also spotted a rattlesnake and a herd of wild antelope.

Newbury 3.10

The other week I was told the 8/1 outsider Great Endeavour would win the Paddy Power cup - it romped home by about 7 lengths

Same person says it will win today's Hennessey

It was about 25/1 to win this race a fortnight ago, it's the 6/1 favourite now

Carruthers for me.

:$

4th :(

Oh well got most my money back still

I'll keep this short. One of the best bets of the year is available right now. Anything around 2-1 for Darren Clarke to be BBC sports personality of the year. On the day he might be 1-2.

Love a day at the races even if I lose. Always interested in how people bet. Soem people know their horses and their form whereas others like myself just do the maths and could be riding ponies for all I know.

Quote: Badge @ November 28 2011, 10:48 PM GMT

I'll keep this short. One of the best bets of the year is available right now. Anything around 2-1 for Darren Clarke to be BBC sports personality of the year. On the day he might be 1-2.

In all seriousness, with the backing of a big internet campaign, the winner could be Gary Speed.

Quote: don rushmore @ November 28 2011, 11:40 PM GMT

In all seriousness, with the backing of a big internet campaign, the winner could be Gary Speed.

In all seriousness, it couldn't. He isn't on the shortlist.

In all seriousness, with the backing of a big internet campaign, his name could be added to the shortlist.

Quote: don rushmore @ November 29 2011, 10:54 AM GMT

In all seriousness, with the backing of a big internet campaign, his name could be added to the shortlist.

In all seriousness, the BBC, with its history of problematic phone polls, is not going to change the shortlist. I'm not saying they won't give some award in Speed's honour but clearly that depends on any circumstances that emerge about his death.

Quote: Badge @ November 28 2011, 10:48 PM GMT

I had a tenner on Mo Farah at 50/1 pre Daegu, so I'm hoping for a good old fashioned split between Darren Clarke, Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald and nobody really caring about Mark Cavendish when it comes to making one vote.

Quote: Splodge @ December 1 2011, 9:33 AM GMT

I had a tenner on Mo Farah at 50/1 pre Daegu, so I'm hoping for a good old fashioned split between Darren Clarke, Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald and nobody really caring about Mark Cavendish when it comes to making one vote.

That's a nice bet.

Clarke is now available at 9/4, which shows how little I know.