The gambling thread Page 32

I might give the poker a go
But it normally involves downloading another app so I have't bothered yet

I like Hold em as well, not sure if I'm any good or not but I know how it works

Both me and yours truly love poker we even watch it on You Tube . We started by watching After Dark on C4 and we love the World Series etc. She is better payer than me to be honest as she has patience and common sense , which are my weak points.
It's a great game I like watching the old school playing the pasty faced internet kids. The kids play using math while to old ones play by looking at the opponent like a hawk. As long as its fun and you don't spend dough you haven't really got its a great little hobby

If I ever visit Liverpool we'll have a game Teddy

Works for me.

I have played online Poker for years. Mainly at Sky Poker.
I only play in what they call Bounty Hunter tournaments.
They are very popular as you don't need to get to the cash places to win money. Every player you knock out gives you their bounty.
It's a few hours of fun for a small stake.

I've had a go at that I play Poker Stars they have similar and I play the tournaments with 20 players but after that the game goes on for too long so I like to play the tables where you can just cash out at any time.
I use to love the Devil Fish back in the day when he played after dark, he was a great player real old school. As he said he use to play it when if you won you had to have a plan to get out the building safely without getting robbed . He couldn't believe how big and safe the game got.

Poker stars is not for the recreational player, especially with all the mad Russians playing. (although they are all banned at the moment)
I see a Bounty Hunter tourney on there at a £2 entry fee and a first prize of £3000.00. Tempting......
Then you see there are 7000 players joined. To get to even min cash will take 6 - 7 hours. They are so big, they have a day 2 resumption.
I don't want to play in a tourney that takes 14 hours over two days.

If you like to watch the Pro's Paddy, watch them on line live with Twitch.
Not only is it entertaining, it's educational as they tell you their thought processes as they are playing.
I watch a Canadian Pro, Matthew Staples on Twitch. He started with a bankroll of $100 2 years ago and has gradually built it to over $300.000.00.
As you can imagine, he's a good player and those are the ones to watch if you want to learn the game.

Daniel Negranu is my favourite Canuck , when you see him tell the other player what he has in his hand it is amazing as the player almost gulps. I don't like the cash poker with Phil Ivy Tom Dwann and Patrick Antoninus etc as they seem to play each other every day so it seems that they win the money back of each other.
I love the WSOP tournament on TV watched it for years, its a great bit of entertainment and I love the Poker Stars European tour as well as they have amazing players.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th March 2022, 7:21 PM

I joined bet 365 for the opening offers
but they give away loads of free five pound bets
at the moment it's one free 5 pound bet for every day of Cheltenham whoever I backed today made me 13.75 so I'm just gong to have a look at tomorrows runners and riders now

all tips welcome

Went for an odds on Favourite today Alloha

£3.34 returned so all my Free bets have come in so far and I've made about 37 quid
All hail Bet 365 and their kindly ways

Last free bet tomorrow

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th March 2022, 3:12 PM

£3.34 returned so all my Free bets have come in so far and I've made about 37 quid
All hail Bet 365 and their kindly ways

Last free bet tomorrow

The problem with backing odds on with a free bet is that you don't get your stake money back (being a free bet) so if it wins you end up with less money available for betting than you had before - ie you started off with £5 available to bet with, went through all the time, effort & risk of selecting and backing a winner and are left with £3.34 to bet with.

Well done Mr Sunshine just don't let it go to your head and suddenly fly out to Vegas because you're on a roll. As as I would hate to see on Pawn Stars selling your fob watch and chain to get home .

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th March 2022, 3:12 PM

Of course, with hindsight, all we Fantasy Football players should have gone for Cool Coady in the 4.10 @ 22/1.

I've done Come On Teddy in the last race , even if it loses I've found the title of my Gay Sex Tape if I ever get around to making it. But given the way my back is , it may be a while.

For f**ks sake my script writing and horse selections are a shambles at the moment no doubt Everton will get slaughtered to make it a f**king Hat Trick oh the f**king irony :(

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th March 2022, 3:17 PM

The problem with backing odds on with a free bet is that you don't get your stake money back (being a free bet) so if it wins you end up with less money available for betting than you had before - ie you started off with £5 available to bet with, went through all the time, effort & risk of selecting and backing a winner and are left with £3.34 to bet with.

It just means I tur free money into 3.34 that I can withdraw if I choose

When I joined the sight they offered £40 worth of free bets and I did most of them on odds on bets just so I'd hopefully get back more money than I deposited to open the Account
£10 I think
And that worked so I had about 15 quid free money after I'd withdrawn my initial stake

But anyway as I say bet 365 are really good every couple of weeks they'll just give you a free £5 bet to put on Horses or a Premier league match

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th March 2022, 5:03 PM

Of course, with hindsight, all we Fantasy Football players should have gone for Cool Coady in the 4.10 @ 22/1.

... and than Van Dijk went on to win the 6.15 at Southwell @ 8/1.