I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,055

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th July 2019, 12:58 PM

Slave traders jailed today.

David Lammy was straight up in arms when she mentioned slaves and yet here it is going on in England today.

She wasn't talking about that, though, she was making a completely ludicrous comparison for the sake of a silly posturing address to the European Parliament.

What an awful woman.
One of a whole series of awful people who've suddenly found themselves in the limelight on the back of Brexit.
It's like we said "I know, let's get all the pub bores together and let them speak for the country".
Can't wait for them all to be put back into mothballs.

What disappoints me is that so many agree with their ravings.

Those people with different opinions are ruining this country.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th July 2019, 9:55 PM

Those people with different opinions are ruining this country.

Just because you believe in Brexit doesn't mean you should blindly swallow every piece of bollpcks a Brexiteer spouts. Call out bullshit and hold even the people you generally support to account. The same goes for Remainers. Unthinking triibalism is ruining this country.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th July 2019, 12:58 PM

Slave traders jailed today.

David Lammy was straight up in arms when she mentioned slaves and yet here it is going on in England today.

That's because Lammy is a one note mouthpiece MP obsessed with racism, except when it's against white underaged girls in Rotherham, Telford etc. He's probably now thinking of suing the CPS for daring to call non black people 'slaves'.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th July 2019, 10:00 AM

That's because Lammy is a one note mouthpiece MP obsessed with racism, except when it's against white underaged girls in Rotherham, Telford etc. He's probably now thinking of suing the CPS for daring to call non black people 'slaves'.

To say that Lammy isn't against the grooming gangs is a typical Brexit party lie.

Thats the problem in nutshell Beaky , even outrage is becoming polarised. If one person enslaves another it is slavery , its never had a race attached not even when Dublin was the chief port for the Viking slaves or when Moses told everyone to down tools because the Egyptians were taking the piss.
The offence is the act not the ethnicity and the outrage should be universal.

Quote: beaky @ 6th July 2019, 10:36 AM

To say that Lammy isn't against the grooming gangs is a typical Brexit party lie.

It's what they do.
Stir up the hate - divide the country.
Sad that it's infected this site , too.
Perhaps that's why we get less girls.
They're eminently more reasonable and a lot more nuanced than geezers.
Might keep my head down for a bit till the shit-storm clears.
:(

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th July 2019, 4:05 PM

I've not noticed that on this site!

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th July 2019, 4:05 PM

It's what they do.
Stir up the hate - divide the country.
Sad that it's infected this site , too.
Might keep my head down for a bit till the shit-storm clears.
:(

You are completely2 right, which is why I KNOW Brexiteers are basically arses.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th July 2019, 4:33 PM

I've not noticed that on this site!

You've not noticed much since there are so few of us.

I wonder how many Brexit fans ever bothered to vote in previous EP elections.

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th July 2019, 10:09 PM

I wonder how many Brexit fans ever bothered to vote in previous EP elections.

Good question. I'm unkind enough to wonder if they can read the ballot paper.

As long as you can write an X you can vote.
There's a good chance we are all illiterate and we put that X in the wrong box.
Mystery solved!
Onward to the people's vote where you have to prove you can read this time.

Wasn't there a "Hancock" episode in which Tony, while reading a mystery novel, arrived at the end only to find the last page had been torn out?

If so, it seems history has repeated itself (a great many times) recently in Herne Bay, Kent.

According to reports, somebody is going around the town tearing out the last pages of (usually crime) books in charity shops and the local library.

At least 200 cases of ripping yarns (pun most certainly intended) have been reported.

It's a puzzling case but what puzzles me more than anything else is that, according to one report, "He or she has a distinct method of ripping the pages out sideways (horizontally) instead of tearing the pages out vertically from top to bottom. "

I have no idea what that means.