Newsjack - Series 10 Page 43

Zteve Zunshine here
I also got the good e mail
I hope they get my new name right

All I know is it's not a sketch or a TV listing

Although I was tempted to send the following 5 liner in

Later on a discussion about TV hosts and whether they only get work because their name lends itself to a corny programme title
At 9.00 that's Contrived Names with Clive James

I'm in after last week's near miss. Co-write with DbM.

Dan

After last week's non response, this week I'm in... A Travelodge.

I think we all know who the real winner is here.

Wow, looks like one of the best BCG hauls ever? Well done to all (and for those who've had credits elsewhen this series too, of course), spose this means I actually have to listen to the episode? ;)

Well done all who got the email! Nothing for me, the pain will subside in time for series 11 and I've learned a lot from this experience; you need comedy genius combined with an understanding of the Newsjack target audience and a bit of luck.

Out of interest what would people include in the profile of a typical Newsjack enthusiast? This is an audience I'm still searching to understand, I'm thinking big age range, mid to intensely strong interest in current affairs and likes red wine. Am I right?

Viv, I like the rolled up radio times line, will catch the show on iPlayer and look forward to seeing which one got on.

Well done for the second time Bonzo, you've done brilliantly- your time has arrived!! Hope you'll be submitting to the comedy window on writersroom, same to everyone else who is up for this massive challenge!

Thank you!

Viv, there was a camel one, but slightly different.

Mine was the gogglebox TV listing.

:D

Nice work one and all. Enjoyed the water appeal sketch Dan and DbM - very good.

Bonzo I laughed at the Googlebox/Addlington line but ashamed to admit I didn't quite understand it! It sounded funny but sorry for being slow.

Mine was the Clare Balding sketch to finish off the series. Quite like being the headline act ;)

Also pleased to see they used (more or less) my intro so it WAS worth writing intros all along.

Seriously? You don't get a goggles sketch about a swimmer?

Dan

Quote: StephenM @ 10th April 2014, 11:14 PM BST

Nice work one and all. Enjoyed the water appeal sketch Dan and DbM - very good.

Bonzo I laughed at the Googlebox/Addlington line but ashamed to admit I didn't quite understand it! It sounded funny but sorry for being slow.

Mine was the Clare Balding sketch to finish off the series. Quite like being the headline act ;)

Also pleased to see they used (more or less) my intro so it WAS worth writing intros all along.

Well done Stephen, the Clare Balding one was inspired!

And we'll done Dan and DbM, the water sketch was very funny!

The gogglebox was a bit weird, basically where a swimmer keeps her goggles. I ran it by some friends tonight and they didn't get it either! But some people in the audience laughed so I'm pleased!

:D

Quote: swerytd @ 10th April 2014, 11:18 PM BST

Dan

Ooooooohhhhh
(SOUND OF PENNY DROPPING)

Sorry - my bad, my really really bad.

Quote: swerytd @ 10th April 2014, 11:18 PM BST

Dan

Glad someone got it! Thanks Dan!

Thanks Bonzo. And congrats on two in a row; no mean feat!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 10th April 2014, 11:22 PM BST

Thanks Bonzo. And congrats on two in a row; no mean feat!

Dan

Thank you Dan, I've already updated my profile!

Jane

I like that I had a second sketch on the first episode and had a (collaborated) sketch as the second to last sketch of the series. It's like a Newsjack sandwich and I'm the bread, in that I'm white and a bit bad for you.

And well done all who got a credit (Bonzo and Viv)

And have a yeast infection. ;)

Dan