Newsjack - Series 10 Page 41

Quote: Otterfox @ 10th April 2014, 10:47 AM BST

I pretty much missed out on the whole series as I decided some time ago that I cannot write topical stuff. I did come up with a few one-liners which I submitted for this weeks show. I assume they tell you if you get stuff in?

They do. On Thursdays between 4.30ish onwards. They'll say something is in but don't specify what. Apparently people get informed if near misses as well (recorded, didn't make the cut) but I don't know when those tend to arrive.

This series of newsjack has been less topical IMO so if it stays the same next season you might not have to worry about it not being one of your strengths!

There doesn't appear to have been any 'recorded but cut' emails the last couple of weeks. I certainly didn't receive one for something that did as much.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 10th April 2014, 1:52 PM BST

There doesn't appear to have been any 'recorded but cut' emails the last couple of weeks. I certainly didn't receive one for something that did as much.

Dan

That's a shame, Dan. I always found those encouraging.

At least I can delude myself into thinking that the audience just didn't go for my hysterical words these past two weeks.

Dan, on a slightly different topic, will there be another episode of Kirrin Island before the next series of NJ?

Matt.

Hey Matt

We are very much hoping so.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 10th April 2014, 2:30 PM BST

Hey Matt

We are very much hoping so.

Dan

Hooray!! :D

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ 10th April 2014, 1:30 PM BST

They do. On Thursdays between 4.30ish onwards. They'll say something is in but don't specify what. Apparently people get informed if near misses as well (recorded, didn't make the cut) but I don't know when those tend to arrive.

This series of newsjack has been less topical IMO so if it stays the same next season you might not have to worry about it not being one of your strengths!

Thank you muchly Mike for clearing that up. Best of luck to everyone who entered.

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ 10th April 2014, 1:30 PM BST

IMO I think at this point they ought to just call it Jack. Certainly the one-liners (usually the most topical bits) have rarely peaked 50% topicality.

Has no one received the email yet? After being told something of mine MAY have been recorded, so this is torture!

No emails here yet...! Nothing on twitter yet either, usually a few people will start mentioning it on there once the emails go out.

Torturous...

Just got the email!!! Two credits in one series, Best I've ever done!

Nothing for me this week then! Many congrats to you, deathbymonkey, and to all others who made it.

3 credits this series overall, so very happy with that!

On to the next...

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 10th April 2014, 5:15 PM BST

Just got the email!!! Two credits in one series, Best I've ever done!

Me too - only my second credit!

Hope a few more have got in.

Bad luck jabashe, but congrats on the three credits!

And congrats notjosh

Quote: notjosh @ 10th April 2014, 5:23 PM BST

Me too - only my second credit!

Hope a few more have got in.

Me too!! And my second credit too! :D

Quote: Bonzo @ 10th April 2014, 5:27 PM BST

Me too!! And my second credit too! :D

Nice one!