Newsjack - Series 10 Page 45

Quote: tiggerdwc @ 11th April 2014, 3:33 PM BST

Thanks all, that's both helpful and kind. I've jotted "Russell Crowe = crow" in my notebook too so I don't forget in future (I do get your point there)...

Do you? The amount of times he insists on repeating that joke, you'd think it was his favourite one.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 11th April 2014, 3:37 PM BST

Do you? The amount of times he insist of repeating that joke, you'd think it was his favourite one.

It took a while for the penny to drop. I spent 10 minutes trying to work it out, thought it was a side effect of the Benylin I've been necking.

Anyway, that's the stuff that's helped me become more successful, I hope it helps.[/quote]

That's very kind of you to share these sparkly pearls of wisdom with readers, thank you! All very helpful.

No problem. When I said submit to Newsjack and Treason Show every week, I meant to write Newsrevue - write for Newsrevue every week.

Quote: StephenM @ 10th April 2014, 7:59 PM BST

Although you have spoiled my chances of getting the last name on the credits again. Always feels a bit more special when they say '... and Stephen Mawhinney'. Enjoy that unless Zinedine Zidane has taken up comedy writing.

This is exactly why I changed my name. I used to be called Aardvark.

Have finally had a chance to listen to podcast on a train to Aberdeen during the Riddoch Ashes Tour 2014 - dragging my kids to familial burial grounds around Scotland. (You should try it.)

Death/Dan: I loved the water shortage sketch.

Mine was the camel one liner, only it transformed from:

Saharan camel race cancelled after contestants get the hump

to

Saharan camel race cancelled due to lack of sand

I'm not sure which one's worse, but still - a fiver a word...

Congrats to everyone who made it this series. See you in September.

So ... um ... how is everyone? Anyone see the football yesterday?

(TUMBLEWEED)

Quote: StephenM @ 14th April 2014, 10:27 AM BST

So ... um ... how is everyone? Anyone see the football yesterday?

(TUMBLEWEED)

Feels strange without the noon deadline... But I see you've got an exciting project Stephen...

Jane

It feels like that Simpsons episode where Itchy & Scratchy gets pulled and all the kids go out and play to the sound of Beethovern's Pastoral.

That's my life now.

I'd find you a clip, but I've got a hopscotch deadlines to meet, dammit.

Out of curiosity what else is out there to write for? Are there any other radio shows like this coming up?

Quote: Bonzo @ 14th April 2014, 11:19 AM BST

Feels strange without the noon deadline... But I see you've got an exciting project Stephen...

Jane

:D Can you do shameless plugs for your other shows on here?

If so check this out:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001445/bfbs_radio_launches_military_sketch_show/

Quote: thebda @ 14th April 2014, 3:57 PM BST

Out of curiosity what else is out there to write for? Are there any other radio shows like this coming up?

BBC Radio probably not for a while not that Newsjack is over and The Show What You Wrote is at the re-write stage.

4am cab and Live at Kirrin Island are good podcasts to write for. (4am cab's deadline has just passed but there may be another KI soon - keep your eyes and ears peeled to Writing Opportunities).

There's always NewsRevue and Treason if you fancy writing for the stage - both topical shows.

Check out the BBC Writers' Room as the Comedy window is now open. (For film, sitcom, sketch show or just about anything comedy related).

Other than that keep checking out Writing Opportunities and see what comes along.

Quote: StephenM @ 14th April 2014, 4:39 PM BST

:D Can you do shameless plugs for your other shows on here?

If so check this out:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001445/bfbs_radio_launches_military_sketch_show/

BBC Radio probably not for a while not that Newsjack is over and The Show What You Wrote is at the re-write stage.

4am cab and Live at Kirrin Island are good podcasts to write for. (4am cab's deadline has just passed but there may be another KI soon - keep your eyes and ears peeled to Writing Opportunities).

There's always NewsRevue and Treason if you fancy writing for the stage - both topical shows.

Check out the BBC Writers' Room as the Comedy window is now open. (For film, sitcom, sketch show or just about anything comedy related).

Other than that keep checking out Writing Opportunities and see what comes along.

Great. Thanks!

The Show What You Wrote is at the re-write stage.

But I didn't send them any crap this year. Whistling nnocently

Quote: V Riddoch @ 13th April 2014, 9:13 PM BST

Mine was the camel one liner, only it transformed from:

Saharan camel race cancelled after contestants get the hump

to

Saharan camel race cancelled due to lack of sand

I'm not sure which one's worse, but still - a fiver a word...

IMO, the second one is better as it is cleverly using the news story about Saharan sand blowing over to the UK.

:D

Writersroom not quite open yet:
The Scriptroom window for Comedy (Radio/TV/Film) will open at 10am on Monday 28th April and close at midnight on Monday 12th May.

:)

PS - not sure where those squiggly bits come from - I've tried removing but no joy - however, the info is there!

You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a squiggly bit!