Newsjack - Series 10 Page 46

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ 14th April 2014, 6:57 PM BST

IMO, the second one is better as it is cleverly using the news story about Saharan sand blowing over to the UK.

That's exactly what my husband said! The clever topical rewrite totally passed me by, despite the layer of filth on my car the other week.

I have thus reassessed the edited version and will now pretend that that's actually what I submitted (don't tell).

BTW StephenM, sorry but have only just realised yours was the Claire Balding sketch which I loved.

I thought it was a really good show (even the bits that weren't about sand) and a great finish to the series.

no list of writer credits on eps 4, 5 or 6 on the website yet...

Move on Jane-time they put it up others will have forgotten all about it. Do you write for the credit?

It's a shame they haven't sorted this out. Especially when you're getting your first credit it's a great fillip to have your name published.

It's a bloody disgrace, if you apply for any kind of writing job and give it as a credit, they'll check.

Sorry, I didn't know this. Still gives you motivation to try again and get a mentioned credit?

Really if you order a round of drinks at a bar and the bar man forgets to pour them, you just hope you'll get lucky next time.

Are we all alcos in this situation?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 29th April 2014, 9:12 AM BST

Move on Jane-time they put it up others will have forgotten all about it. Do you write for the credit?

No Paul, but there are certain advantages to having your name listed on there (for other projects). :)

Jane

Yes, I've always thought so, but...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th April 2014, 7:35 AM BST

Yes, I've always thought so, but...

But what? Seriously Paul it might be time to stop collecting spades. :)

What's your professional opinion of Newsjack, Marc?

Never listened to it or submitted to it. So on matters I have no knowledge about I try not to give advice.

Quote: Marc P @ 30th April 2014, 9:05 AM BST

But what? Seriously Paul it might be time to stop collecting spades. :)

Finally giving up on the slave trade Notorious MP?

I've gone into betting now. So far so good. Have a pot building for shoes at the moment.