Newsjack - Series 10 Page 40

Just sent my last two sketches of a series.

Hope there's something good on telly next Sunday evening.

Quote: StephenM @ 4th April 2014, 1:07 PM BST

Was yours the 'Game of Thrones' line Bonzo? If so nice work. Mine was the Cameron calling Angela Merkel 'Mum' in Breaking News.

Jabashe - what did you get one? And others who haven't yet declared?

Ha ha, loved the Angela Merkel one. My one this week was a TV listing:

On CBeebies this morning, 'Grandpa in My Pocket' - an unflinching
look into the lives of pensioners who steal from their relatives.

Quote: jabashe @ 7th April 2014, 12:11 PM BST

Ha ha, loved the Angela Merkel one. My one this week was a TV listing:

On CBeebies this morning, 'Grandpa in My Pocket' - an unflinching
look into the lives of pensioners who steal from their relatives.

That was a great TV Listing. Well done

Two sketches sent off - the sheffield marathon and the arrested baby.

And well done ^^^above

Quote: swerytd @ 7th April 2014, 10:23 AM BST

Did anyone get a 'recorded but cut' email last week? Cos I know I had something recorded and haven't got owt yet.

Dan

No, but I might be being too optimistic. Is the general rule this series that the "cut" emails go out over the weekend or do they still get sent on Thursdays?

Quote: cynic @ 5th April 2014, 1:15 PM BST

I really don't want to be negative at all, especially about other people's stuff, but surely anyone reasonable must agree THE BAR IS NOW LOWER.
Just check out the groan count...it's way too high!

I've not got close with anything this series so that bit definitely hurt! ;)

Sent off my one-liners, finally feel like I've got a hang of this new format and the series finishes.

And yup - sent my final ones off 20 minutes ago. Feel like I deserve a holiday (or at least a few Sundays and Mondays watching rubbish TV) but I'll probably start knuckling down to trying to get some sketches in Newsrevue next.

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ 8th April 2014, 12:18 PM BST

I'll probably start knuckling down to trying to get some sketches in Newsrevue next.

Ignore this man. There is nothing to be gained from reducing my already slim chances of getting stuff on Newsrevue.

Do not, under any circumstances, submit to this show.

anyone go last night?

I pretty much missed out on the whole series as I decided some time ago that I cannot write topical stuff. I did come up with a few one-liners which I submitted for this weeks show. I assume they tell you if you get stuff in?

Quote: Otterfox @ 10th April 2014, 10:47 AM BST

I pretty much missed out on the whole series as I decided some time ago that I cannot write topical stuff. I did come up with a few one-liners which I submitted for this weeks show. I assume they tell you if you get stuff in?

I know I sent them scripts about Deep Heat, Savlon and E45 and not one response.

Quote: sootyj @ 10th April 2014, 10:50 AM BST

I know I sent them scripts about Deep Heat, Savlon and E45 and not one response.

I bet you're creaming yourself.

I think I spread myself too thin.

Aye, there's the rub.