Newsjack - Series 9 Page 33

Quote: V Riddoch @ October 17 2013, 7:59 PM BST

I'm surprised you didn't make the final cut because I thought it went down really well and it was actually one of my favourites. I loved the 'casual racism aisle'. Well done!

Thanks! Glad to know it wasn't a complete failure.

Well done Andy, Judgement & Badge.
Mine were the Lord of the Rings & the Cannabis house intro jokes.

Does anyone else, when they discover they've got something on, think 'I hope they don't choose the crap one'?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 18 2013, 1:11 AM BST

Well done Badge & Judgement.
Mine were the Lord of the Rings & the Cannabis house intro jokes.

Quality gags.

Quote: notjosh @ October 17 2013, 7:46 PM BST

Hello. My first post here, and it's purely out of self-interest.

Got my first e-mail today after submitting all series. Unfortunately it was of the "didn't make the final edit" variety. I'm quite disappointed that I wasn't there to hear it. I don't suppose anyone who attended would care to tell me what it sounded like/how it went down? (I'm prepared for the answer "badly").

It was about how supermarkets could be organised along ideological grounds (sexism aisle, etc).

As I'm at the recording I often don't listen to the final show but I am surprised that didn't make it. A clever idea well executed and one that went down well.

Great work on getting a sketch recorded - no mean feat that!

No joy again, congratulations to those that made it.

Quite disappointed, I thought my Jackapp was quite good:

Jackapp - Press self regulation? Fine by me. I've been regulating my own intake of hard drugs for years and everything is juuuuuust fff.... [FX sound of someone falling onto a table then shattering porcelain-ware and spoons]

Thought I could see Doc Brown falling into the table in BTTF3 in my mind, which might have been what amused me.

Also had moderate hopes for:
The Vatican has had to withdraw 6000 papal medals after the word "Jesus" was misspelt "Lesus". I would have left it myself, after the success of the misspelt packaging of "I can't believe it's not Buddha".

Ah well. It made my wife laugh. Then again so does my willy, but you wouldn't put that on Radio 4 either.

Quote: StephenM @ October 18 2013, 10:31 AM BST

As I'm at the recording I often don't listen to the final show but I am surprised that didn't make it. A clever idea well executed and one that went down well.

Great work on getting a sketch recorded - no mean feat that!

If only they did a cut sketches pod-cast. But, I suppose, why would they?

Quote: Buckethandle @ October 18 2013, 10:32 AM BST

Jackapp - Press self regulation? Fine by me. I've been regulating my own intake of hard drugs for years and everything is juuuuuust fff....

The Vatican has had to withdraw 6000 papal medals after the word "Jesus" was misspelt "Lesus". I would have left it myself, after the success of the misspelt packaging of "I can't believe it's not Buddha".

Both great solid jokes.
I think they just get so much stuff that some good bits get away. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Mike.

Quote: Buckethandle @ October 18 2013, 10:32 AM BST

No joy again, congratulations to those that made it.

Ah well. It made my wife laugh. Then again so does my willy, but you wouldn't put that on Radio 4 either.

It's on Radio 4 Extra. Perhaps your sending to the wrong place? ;-)
sorry to be pedantic/flippant. Perhaps your willy is ok for 4 Extra, after the watershed. Or 1Extra, with Miley & Rihanna.

HA, the 'Lesus' one-liner is good, but they did a 'Lesus' sketch between the Pope and God. I submitted a Madonna banned from the cinema gag, and was at the recording, and when they read another Madonna gag out, your heart sinks a little because you knwo yours won't make the cut, however good it was. The broadcast Madonna gag with the George Michael punchline was really good, bound to get a laugh! My punchline was referencing 3 films Madge made in the 90s, so George was more topical!

Did anyone who went along hear a sketch about police being paid for distressing events? Or one about will youngs campaign for kids to stop using the word gay in a derogatory fashion? I had a recorded but cut email and I don't know if it was a one liner or a sketch, do they ring any bells?

Quote: ash williamson @ October 18 2013, 12:10 PM BST

Did anyone who went along hear a sketch about police being paid for distressing events? Or one about will youngs campaign for kids to stop using the word gay in a derogatory fashion? I had a recorded but cut email and I don't know if it was a one liner or a sketch, do they ring any bells?

They'll tell you which they used if you ask.

Quote: ash williamson @ October 18 2013, 12:10 PM BST

No, I don't remember those - must've been a one-liner?

Ticketmaster here. I've got one ticket for next week's Newsjack (23rd), plus two for the Now Show next Thursday (24th).

Any takers, please PM me.

Viv

I've only just taken up comedy writing.....sent in quite a few one liners over the past few weeks.....some I thought were pretty funny.....BUT the funniest thing.... however.....is that Newsjack have only used what I considered to be my worst one liner.

Quote: LeglessFish @ October 18 2013, 12:57 PM BST

I've only just taken up comedy writing.....sent in quite a few one liners over the past few weeks.....some I thought were pretty funny.....BUT the funniest thing.... however.....is that Newsjack have only used what I considered to be my worst one liner.

Well done to you. Sometimes, I think, it's just a piece that fits with the tone of the show. It might have been what you considered to be the worst one you submitted but presumably you wouldn't have submitted it if you didn't think it was worth a shot. I've submitted to this and other series (not all episodes of each) but am yet to have anything recorded.

And congratulations to anyone who got an email.

Final sketches for the series gone. Fly well my pretties.

Viv sorry I missed you last Wednesday and apologies that my doppleganger blanked you. Are you going this week? If so perhaps might skip to the chase and PM you my number!

If anyone else is around and fancies a drink after the show let us know as there are a few of us going.

Quote: StephenM @ October 21 2013, 1:58 PM BST

Final sketches for the series gone. Fly well my pretties.

Viv sorry I missed you last Wednesday and apologies that my doppleganger blanked you. Are you going this week? If so perhaps might skip to the chase and PM you my number!

If anyone else is around and fancies a drink after the show let us know as there are a few of us going.

I just sent 1 sketch this week, Mystic Ed.

I am no longer able to attend on Wednesday as no child care, but hope you all have fun.

I do have 1 spare ticket for Mitchell and Webb Sound on Sunday if anyone wants it.