Newsjack - Series 9 Page 34

One last stab at it (actually two) churned out at the crack of dawn (sketch deadline 7am my time)

iPads for the Elderly

Energy Crisis Helpline

Someday NJ, someday.

I really struggled this week and ended up starting at 7:30 this morning on the two best ideas I had. I quite liked what I ended up with.

Was supposed to be going this week with Mrs Mike but we have been left with no child cover. I'm all for leaving them with iPod and iScream but luckily my other half is a better person than me.

So I may not go, or may stroll up alone.

Mike.

Quote: mikemcc @ October 21 2013, 4:56 PM BST

Was supposed to be going this week with Mrs Mike but we have been left with no child cover.

You and Bonzo need to start pressing for a NJ creche next series.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 21 2013, 5:49 PM BST

Do they make CBBC at Broadcasting House? I'll just leave them with a trustworthy presenter. On second thoughts...

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 21 2013, 5:49 PM BST

I could leave her in the cafe there if they put Wolfblood on loop!

I'm really gutted because Margaret is hosting and would have loved to have seen that...

Having a week off this week. Nothing has quite piqued my interest enough to get going on it, so have thrown my material to the winds of Twitter instead.

Hi all,

I've got all my one-liners lined up and ready to go. Just wondered formatting wise is the general concensus to send them in proper radio script style (as shown by Mr. Dan Tetsell) or just as plain text?

I know it probably doesn't make much difference as to whether on not they are accepted but I just wondered what people on these forums tend to do?

Cheers.

Welcome to the forums!

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ October 21 2013, 10:03 PM BST

I know it probably doesn't make much difference as to whether on not they are accepted but I just wondered what people on these forums tend to do?

I tend to submit in Word document file format (as opposed to a pure text file) and keep to 12pt Arial, but I drop the character name and 4cm indent. If it needs a character/accent I usually stick it in parentheses at the start of the line.

Make sure you have a header with your name (email address) and file title (something like 1-liners). And I usually sort the 1-liners/JackApps/introductions/corrections/etc into rough groupings with a (non formatted, usually I use about 9pt centred emboldened Arial) title - e.g. "Probably 1-liners/Jack Apps"

I don't think they're overly fussy with format of 1-liners, but having your name/email in the header and using 12pt Arial is probably about the minimum.

Hope this makes sense/helps.

Cheers Judgement Dave!
Really helpful and much appreciated!

Just sending in a single one liner this week. Hoping quality will out.

I didn't send any sketches this week. That'll teach them for not using any of the previous ones I worked so hard on...plus I was too busy writing my first entry for the Sitcom Trials. Sent a page of one liners today, but not expecting much based on my performance so far this series.

Good luck to everybody on this last episode!

I cracked at the last minute and submitted three one-liners

One on Michael O'Leary's Twitter Q&A
One on blond children in Roma gypsy camps
One on Madeleine McCann

See if any of those tickle their fancy, although I'm far from hopeful

Sent a few one liners myself. I don't hold out much hope either to be honest.
The worst thing is, I found myself politicising everything because I thought that's what they are after. The thing is, there is only so much politicising I can do before I want to drive to London and smash all politicians in the face. I've found myself these last few weeks trying to put an amusing slant on something only to sit there thinking "You know what, this really isn't funny, these knobs are running our country"!
I wouldn't mind if I could swear, I could have loads of fun!

Anyway, that turned into a rant, and no-one needs to see that.

Move along. Nothing to see here. *hides child behind caravan*

4 one liners in to round things out. Hopefully all topical:

Tasteless Jumper joke
Pot smuggling cat
Ryanair beds
Bieber fan plastic surgery

If you submit your one liners at 15:59 and get an autoreply with a 15:59 timestamp, is it safe to assume that they'll be read?