Newsjack - Series 9 Page 28

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 10 2013, 5:47 PM BST

Well I just got my first 'recorded but cut' email.

Did I remember correctly that they'll normally say what was recorded if I ask nicely - or am I better not asking?

Yes they're usually quite good at responding when you ask what was cut. Although depending how horrible a day it was it might be tomorrow morning before they get back to you.

Quote: StephenM @ October 10 2013, 5:59 PM BST

Yes they're usually quite good at responding when you ask what was cut. Although depending how horrible a day it was it might be tomorrow morning before they get back to you.

Yes they're very good - had a reply already. :)

So it was a one liner... Meaning I'm still missing on the sketches. :(

Quote: StephenM @ October 10 2013, 5:59 PM BST

Yeah, I got a nice email saying what was cut but why they liked it. Very good of them I thought.

Well done everyone! I notice Viv on there again. She's doing something write (see what I did?).

Ooh, just remembered an Open All Hours sketch. Very good.

Hey guys, I've been following this handy thread for a while, picking up tips on Newsjack submissions. Sent a couple of sketches in for this week's show and thought I might have nailed it this time -- the tone/premise/type of material they're after.
Alas -- no.

I was hoping if anyone was interested in taking a look in the Critique section to help me pick up on where I might be going wrong.

The sketches are

News story: the health of the world's oceans deteriorating faster than expected. Sketch is a parody of Channel 4's Embarrassing Bodies -- so, Embarrassing Bodies of Water.

News story: the price of lobster plummeted in New England. Sketch takes a look at what else might be falling in price, when everything else seems to be going up.

Thanks in advance!

Swing and a miss, still yet to find the back of the net.

One-liners added to the thread in Critique, for those who fancy giving them a peruse/dissection.

Another week and my contribution missed the mark... maybe I should rethink this career change...

Havent heard the show yet. It had better be really good!

Quote: Hopeless @ October 10 2013, 10:06 PM BST

Another week and my contribution missed the mark... maybe I should rethink this career change...

Havent heard the show yet. It had better be really good!

Don't give up hope, er...

I've been recieving "recorded you're a c**t" emails for the last 3 months, are they from the BBC?

Quote: sootyj @ October 10 2013, 10:27 PM BST

I've been recieving "recorded you're a c**t" emails for the last 3 months, are they from the BBC?

No they're from me.

I think I got 3 jokes in tonights episode.
All news intros.
That was a very pleasant surprise.

That's astonishing well done king of the one liners

and thanks for the emails.

nb this contradicts your facebook which one is right?

Did my facebook status say that I'd posted the "You're a C**t" messages.
Sorry I did both.

How did the date with the siamese twins go?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 10 2013, 11:30 PM BST

Sorry I did both.

As they only had one fanny, that one's for the philosophers

but cmon did you get 3 in 1?that's awesome

Quote: sootyj @ October 10 2013, 11:35 PM BST

but cmon did you get 3 in 1?that's awesome

Yeah.
Cheers mate, I was well chuffed

Hi,

Sorry I said everyone was prostitutes. I didn't mean it like that.

But if any of you are, please send me your menu and price list.

Very interesting reading all your comments over the last day. I've tried twice at writing for Newsjack, and I did one for the 2525 Matt Lucas thingumpty, and if I'm honest, how do you keep your peckers up?

How long do you keep going before you realise you might be one of the crap ones on Britain's Got Talent? Am I one of the crap ones? Do I have to practice slagging Amanda Holden off? I don't want to, she has nice legs :(

Is three efforts too quick to lose heart? Am I being a prima donna?
I am aren't I?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 10 2013, 11:16 PM BST

I think I got 3 jokes in tonights episode.
All news intros.
That was a very pleasant surprise.

Congratulations, any idea what you will be spending your new fortune on?