Newsjack - Series 9 Page 32

thanks very much!

It's true. In 30 years time, people will be watching Paul Hollywood complimenting Mary Berry on her cream pie with similar amazement as to how we see the "look at my twanger" episode of Rainbow today.

Quote: Buckethandle @ October 17 2013, 3:24 PM BST

It's true. In 30 years time, people will be watching Paul Hollywood complimenting Mary Berry on her cream pie with similar amazement as to how we see the "look at my twanger" episode of Rainbow today.

I thought the way Jeffrey was always fiddling with the other guys zip was suspicious from the get go.

Ooooh - I've got the 'something made it in' email. :) :) :)

I probably won't hear it live as last night I agreed to do a gig tonight. Doh!

Well done to all others getting either of the emails. And good luck all for week 6.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 17 2013, 5:28 PM BST

Ooooh - I've got the 'something made it in' email. :) :) :)

Well done! Me too on the second attempt! Although, to be fair, to get that one item on I probably wrote about 100 :-) chuffed :-)

Well done Andy and Dave - good work!

Well done to all who made it

Quote: StephenM @ October 17 2013, 5:35 PM BST

Well done Andy and Dave - good work!

Oh and recognise a few other BCG names on there so congrats to them.

Congratulations to everyone who got something on. Nothing for me. I'm going to put my favourite one-liner on critique as I thought it was suitable, but I guess I'll be told otherwise... :(

Quote: StephenM @ October 17 2013, 9:39 AM BST

Hi Viv - sorry missed you last night! Did you get in?

Touching base after frustrating day otrying to update software on my gas-powered MacBook. According to the so-called genius in the Apple Store it's now technically (or not at all technically) 'vintage'. Which explains why it will only run Betamax.

I had planned to type up what I remembered, but guess there's no point now!

Anyway, yes, I did look out for you, Stephen. In fact, I went as far as asking someone if they were you but he denied it. (A bit too vehemently: are you SURE it wasn't you?? My breath was a bit oniony).

I ended up getting there stupidly early (due to abortive John Lewis mission. Why do I always get tricked into thinking it'll be fun?) so was rewarded with a number 12 sticker and got in the front row.

I think I may have freaked Nadia out because I was sitting right opposite her wearing exactly the same owl-patterned dress only (wait for it) in BLACK AND WHITE. (Actually, she was probably more freaked out that someone (possibly) old enough to be her mum appeared to have gone to extraordinary lengths to be some sort of weirdo fashion stalker. Hey ho.

Big congrats to everyone who was recorded. I had high hopes for my Duffin oneliner (Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you the Muffnut) but alas, no.

That's it! After next week I'm not bloody bothering any more!

Well done everyone!
Loving that Judgement Dave gets the Judgement in the credit.
Gone all posh BBC with 'David'.

M

Well done all.

Quote: mikemcc @ October 17 2013, 6:12 PM BST

That's it! After next week Loving that Judgement Dave gets the Judgement in the credit.
Gone all posh BBC with 'David'.

I'm back to just ol' Judgement Dave now.

Last series I submitted as Judgement Dave (aka David John Buckley) and so got my previous credit as 'David John Buckley'. I suppose I'm lucky I didn't become 'Judgement Dave-id John Buckley'.

I do stand-up as JD but usually do characters. It's hard enough getting recognition as the same person when I'm usually billed as the character name. The last thing I need are more names being thrust upon me.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 17 2013, 6:31 PM BST

Well done all.

I'm back to just ol' Judgement Dave now.

Last series I submitted as Judgement Dave (aka David John Buckley) and so got my previous credit as 'David John Buckley'. I suppose I'm lucky I didn't become 'Judgement Dave-id John Buckley'.

I do stand-up as JD but usually do characters. It's hard enough getting recognition as the same person when I'm usually billed as the character name. The last thing I need are more names being thrust upon me.

You don't fancy Transfer Deadline Dave then?

Hello. My first post here, and it's purely out of self-interest.

Got my first e-mail today after submitting all series. Unfortunately it was of the "didn't make the final edit" variety. I'm quite disappointed that I wasn't there to hear it. I don't suppose anyone who attended would care to tell me what it sounded like/how it went down? (I'm prepared for the answer "badly").

It was about how supermarkets could be organised along ideological grounds (sexism aisle, etc).

Quote: notjosh @ October 17 2013, 7:46 PM BST

Hello. My first post here, and it's purely out of self-interest.

Got my first e-mail today after submitting all series. Unfortunately it was of the "didn't make the final edit" variety. I'm quite disappointed that I wasn't there to hear it. I don't suppose anyone who attended would care to tell me what it sounded like/how it went down? (I'm prepared for the answer "badly").

It was about how supermarkets could be organised along ideological grounds (sexism aisle, etc).

I'm surprised you didn't make the final cut because I thought it went down really well and it was actually one of my favourites. I loved the 'casual racism aisle'. Well done!