Newsjack - Series 9 Page 35

"Everything gets read".

Mind you, they're braindead at 4pm with all the crap jokes, so you have a different hurdle to the one you think...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 22 2013, 4:47 PM BST

Mind you, they're braindead at 4pm with all the crap jokes, so you have a different hurdle to the one you think...

I know I can be extremely prolific at crap jokes so by 4pm they're probably way past just braindead.

Quote: groovydude89 @ October 22 2013, 4:23 PM BST

If you submit your one liners at 15:59 and get an autoreply with a 15:59 timestamp, is it safe to assume that they'll be read?

They would get read, but I always figure that by then they've probably got a load of jokes that they're relatively happy with.

If your joke is on a subject they feel they've got covered then it has to be a real gem to take the place of the one they've got (and for all I know may have tweaked/script-edited already).

Just my guess on it.

Quote: swerytd @ October 22 2013, 4:47 PM BST

"Everything gets read".

Dan

Oh dear.... sent mine at 3.50pm.

Sent about 6 in the end including 3 JackApps. Plus a sketch on Sunday night.

Good luck everyone :D

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 22 2013, 5:32 PM BST

They would get read, but I always figure that by then they've probably got a load of jokes that they're relatively happy with.

If your joke is on a subject they feel they've got covered then it has to be a real gem to take the place of the one they've got.

I wonder if they have seats similar to X factor for the jokes ?

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 22 2013, 5:32 PM BST

If your joke is on a subject they feel they've got covered then it has to be a real gem to take the place of the one they've got (and for all I know may have tweaked/script-edited already).

Just my guess on it.

The week before last I sent mine in at about 3.30 and didn't get anything in but when I heard the show there was a Jackapp almost exactly the same as mine. I figured it was an obvious take on the headline and I'd missed the boat for exactly the reasons you've stated.

This week I sent them early but they were all crap. I made a point this week of not starting before Monday as I think previously I've thought a brilliant one liner on Friday that I've become really attached to and by Tuesday it's not zeitgeisty enough. Not sure that was a good plan as nothing stood out this week.

Typical.

Day after deadline day and there is a fire at a Sheffield furniture shop. Firefighters were pulled out because of smoke, but all are said to be comfortable.

Quote: Buckethandle @ October 23 2013, 10:28 AM BST

Typical.

Day after deadline day and there is a fire at a Sheffield furniture shop. Firefighters were pulled out because of smoke, but all are said to be comfortable.

Eyewitnesses said the shop was fine one minute, and the next minute - pouffe.

Sofa so good.

Some suite jokes!

On my way to recording now. Hoping some one-liners with the subjects of

Hampshire tornado, gas prices, paramedics having sex at work, Macca in covent garden, national lottery avoiduing tax and the #GBBO

make it in. Keep the faith!

Quote: groovydude89 @ October 22 2013, 4:23 PM BST

If you submit your one liners at 15:59 and get an autoreply with a 15:59 timestamp, is it safe to assume that they'll be read?

My last 3 weeks I have submitted at 3.58, 3.57 and 3.49. Each had something used so they do get read. And I really need to send earlier.

Anyone want to spill the goss on what was used this week?

Quote: Hennell @ October 23 2013, 10:43 PM BST

Anyone want to spill the goss on what was used this week?

Anyone? I'm on tentin' rooks.

(Think I got that right - I never can remember if its that or 'tender crooks')

Just got around to listening to episode 5.

Actually Laughed (not something I do often) to the H from Steps gag. If that was anyone on here - well done.

No-one with spoilers for tonights show? Had a sketch I was very pleased with this week, was hoping someone could confirm/destroy my dreams...

Did anyone hear a sketch about Ed Milliband and 'Alison' with Ed dressing up as Mystic Ed and wanting to practice sawing Alison in half? I'm guessing not.

My one liners/jack apps included go home vans and use less gas.

Anyone had an email yet?