New sitcom 'Jobseekers' filming in Derby Page 3

Quote: Jennie @ August 7 2013, 11:27 PM BST

You don't need a network - you've filmed it. Get it out there on a video hosting site. Once you've proved the people like it, you'll have much more chance with the networks.

The plan is to go to networks first then failing that it will go online.
Jobseekers has been filmed for TV adhering to all copyright laws and regulations.
We shall be having a premier at the local cinema in Derby hopefully sometime before Christmas to spark interest and possible investment in future episodes.

Quote: curtis patrick @ August 7 2013, 11:12 PM BST

Any news on the theme song yet Lee?

All best with it,

We are still looking at tracks in mind but ares till taking submissions.

As soon as we like a sound we will get that band to watch a edit of Jobseekers to final tune it.

regards

www.jobseekerssitcom.com

Quote: Lee Dilley @ August 7 2013, 3:51 PM BST

Yes of course even in the pilot we see a 40 something male being made redundant, each episode will show people from all ages and backgrounds and how they are struggling to find work as well as following the 3 main characters through life, love and job interviews.

I had around 15 interviews over the span of 2 months when I was unemployed to which many of them were just scam jobs, others were either low or commission based wage.

The Jobseekers I met while waiting for interviews were intelligent, funny and willing to work , we used to share stories of scam jobs and ridiculous characters we had to engage with to find even a low paid unskilled Job.

I want to really reflect these times in Britain.

Thanks Lee. First timers at JCs often want to make a reasonable impression. They can do so feeling that they have landed on another planet or are on mind-altering drugs. Before I had even been interviewed, a guy sat next to me by the window. While friendly and clearly genuine, his demeanour would have suggested to the staff that he was gormless. In conversation, he was brighter than he appeared. He told me that he was a bracer by trade and that there were no jobs. He had put in over a hundred applications for things he couldn't do. He had got sick of having to explain to the staff what a bracer did. On several occasions they had decided he made bracelets and insisted he applied to a jewellers. They were, in his opinion, all useless.

Feeling uncertain, it was nice to chat to someone. The place didn't seem quite as remote. But, all of a sudden, he stood up and bellowed at the top of his voice "wankers". This was repeated for a few minutes. Everyone was looking round. Security were angry and instructed him firmly to be quiet. They glared at me assuming I was his mate. Our conversation continued afterwards but less easily and he appeared distracted. A girl had just left one of the desks and tottered on very high heels towards the row of phones. Reminiscent of Amy Winehouse, she struggled to get there as she was carrying what was obviously a packed sports bag. The guy turned to me and said "she's my girlfriend - they keep telling her to ring people while she is here".

The girl tried to ring a number while inspecting the contents of her bag. The wire was getting wrapped round her and her body language indicated immense frustration. She then slammed down the phone and shouted "what are we going to do with this washing?" He stood up quickly but otherwise didn't move. Next, they had a blazing row across the room about whether to go to the launderette in one town or another, followed almost by fisticuffs over why his mum didn't own a washing machine. The place just stopped. No one said a word. There were forty people gawping. Just as they stomped out, concluding they wouldn't get the clothes washed at all, I was called to a desk. By that time, I had quite forgotten why I was there.

So what is a bracer?

Jobseekers - First Look Screenshots! (25 photos)
The first selection of stills from Jobseekers are now online! Get a sneak peek at some of the scenes from the pilot episode of the sitcom. We hope you enjoy.
We're filming the final 2 scenes this week and then cracking on with the edit, stay tuned for more info!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.499373456820400.1073741831.389947804429633&type=1

Looks good, just hope it's funny. Is it canned laughter? Hope not. ITV and BBC have been atrocious with comedy lately. Vicious, Big School, The Job Lot, Miranda, Count Arthur Strong, can't see it doing any worse. Where's the OFAH or The Office, Porridge, Black Books, Blackaddder, Father Ted, The Inbetweeners, writers? Come on people, TV comedy is crap now.

Quote: Lee Dilley @ August 19 2013, 4:29 PM BST

Jobseekers - First Look Screenshots! (25 photos)
The first selection of stills from Jobseekers are now online! Get a sneak peek at some of the scenes from the pilot episode of the sitcom. We hope you enjoy.
We're filming the final 2 scenes this week and then cracking on with the edit, stay tuned for more info!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.499373456820400.1073741831.389947804429633&type=1

Good luck Lee. The photos look promising.

Beaky - What a bracer does: http://www.mymajors.com/careers-and-jobs/Bracer

Quote: james bream @ August 19 2013, 9:35 PM BST

Looks good, just hope it's funny. Is it canned laughter? Hope not. ITV and BBC have been atrocious with comedy lately. Vicious, Big School, The Job Lot, Miranda, Count Arthur Strong, can't see it doing any worse. Where's the OFAH or The Office, Porridge, Black Books, Blackaddder, Father Ted, The Inbetweeners, writers? Come on people, TV comedy is crap now.

No, definitely no canned laughter . I agree completely with your list of great comedies that is what we strive for.

Horseradish - Thank you , let's hope we get a series

Hi Lee,

Good luck with the pilot (and that comes from someone born in Nottingham).

BTW You want to hear what that Jennie says about Derby...

Quote: playfull @ August 20 2013, 12:20 PM BST

I cannot think of a better location for a sitcom about misery and despair than Derby. Perfect choice Lee.

Quote: playfull @ August 20 2013, 12:20 PM BST

Hi Lee,

Good luck with the pilot (and that comes from someone born in Nottingham).

I am Nottingham that's why I was interested in this sitcom, Derby does seem like a good place although I fear Nottingham would have been better.

Quote: james bream @ August 29 2013, 9:19 PM BST

I am Nottingham

:O I have spent much of my life in you.

Quote: james bream @ August 29 2013, 9:19 PM BST

Derby does seem like a good place

Wash your mouth out Angry

Jobseekers news - We are currently pitching to all networks , see our new website for more information. www.jobseekerssitcom.com

So Lee Dilley, the pilot is on the 8th. Can you provide us with more detail? :)

Quote: Horseradish @ 5th December 2013, 1:35 PM GMT

Nice bump Horseradish.

Congrats on getting it filmed and good luck with the screening and getting it picked up.

Go East Mids!

Quote: Horseradish @ 5th December 2013, 1:35 PM GMT

The pilot screening was held at Derby Quad cinema, it completely sold out, over 200 seats.

It was very well received and we were overwhelmed with the feedback #jobseekerssitcom .

After the screening we were immediately approached by several consultants and we are currently working together to pitch the series to various TV networks.

Please follow us on twitter for more info @jobseekerscom