- 2013 - 2014
- BBC One
- 12 (2 series)
- David Walliams, Catherine Tate, Philip Glenister, Frances de la Tour, Joanna Scanlan, Steve Speirs, Daniel Rigby, James Greene and others
- David Walliams, Andrew Dawson, Steve Dawson and Tim Inman
- Tony Dow and Matt Lipsey
- Jo Sargent
Set in an urban secondary school, Big School is a comedy about a dysfunctional staff room, unrequited love and interactive white boards.
Chemistry teacher Mr. Church is hopelessly in love with the school's new French teacher, who in turn is being chased by a lothario gym teacher.
David Walliams is 40-something chemistry teacher Mr Church, who has taught at Greybridge School for years. Catherine Tate plays the school's enthusiastic new recruit, Miss Postern, who despite being a French teacher has never actually been to France.
Finally, Daniel Rigby plays Mr Martin, the mod-like music teacher who desperately wants to be mates with the kids and still clings to his dream of becoming a rock star.
Series 2: In the second series the main characters return, plus we're introduced to sexy new teacher Dr Dalton (Jimmy Akingbola) and Fenella Forbes (Morgana Robinson), a best-selling children's author who arrives to give the pupils some advice on careers day.
Other characters who will appear include no-nonsense OFSTED Inspector Mrs Steele (Sylvestra Le Touzel), new pupil Dean (Jack Carroll), Mr Gunn's long-suffering mother (Michele Dotrice) and Trish (Karen Taylor), the mother of one of the pupils at the school.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Autumn Leaves (Working title)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Friday 16th August 2013 on BBC One at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 10th October 2014 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 21st November 2017 at 1:20am on Gold