New sitcom 'Jobseekers' filming in Derby Page 2

Hi yes we are filming this summer, all locations will be in Derby.
I enjoyed the work related stories.We have 6 episodes written but are always looking for more material and would love to hear your stories.
Please support and follow us on FB http://www.facebook.com/JobseekersOfficial

Kind regards

Writer, Jobseekers

Thats a wrap on 'Jobseekers' pilot, we are currently in pre-production and preparing our pitch in the hope of getting commissioned. https://www.facebook.com/JobseekersOfficial

Well I doubt this will get a full series after The Job Lot. It sounds to me, that it is just a copy of The Job Lot which aired on ITV throughout May.

In no way shape or form is this a copy of the Joblot , the joblot is set inside a job centre and is about the staff, 'jobseekers' is about people trying to find work.

Quote: Lee Dilley @ July 25 2013, 9:55 PM BST

In no way shape or form is this a copy of the Joblot , the joblot is set inside a job centre and is about the staff, 'jobseekers' is about people trying to find work.

We shall see. What channel will it be on?

No, apart from the fact that The Job Lot featured several jobseekers as regular characters and doubtless your sitcom will involed your jobseekers visiting their local jobcentre, I'm sure there's no similarity whatsoever.

...and your opening scene is set in the Job Centre.

But I really hope it works out for you - it must be really annoying to work so hard on something only for ITV to swoop in with a similar concept.

Good luck with it Lee.

There is a lot of frustration out there. It is a difficult thing to get right. It almost sounds like Job Lot will find villains in job seekers whereas in yours they will be more on the desk side. That balance is needed but ideally characters on both sides will be slightly sympathetic as all are stuck with what they've been given.

Thank you for your support.

To look for similarities between 'Job lot' and 'Jobseekers', I would start and end it with they both have the word 'job' in the title.

Even if you said they are the yin and yang of Jobseeking, showing the opposites side of the employment desk, they still wouldn't be part of the same world.

The job lot have clearly been influenced by The 'Office' and sets itself up in that office environment.
Jobseekers concentrates on the darker side of being unemployed, the spiralling debt , the relationship strains and the ridiculous scam Jobs.

Jobseekers is set out in the world spanning over a variety of locations and situations.

A job centre is just one of our locations in the pilot amongst the 10 others locations.
Jobseekers is a day in the life of a Jobseeker, Job-huting becomes a full time career.

All due respect to 'Job lot' , Jobseekers is a very different tone of humour, Jobseekers is about 3 lads whom are reaching their 30's and are trying to find work, love and a balance in life.

Heavily influenced by Only Fools and Horses interwinding story lines, we hope we have captured the modern economical times during this recession.

We don't want to just make people laugh, jobseekers is about story and heart.

I could talk all day about this but the proof will be in the pudding.

Watch this space for release dates www.jobseekerssitcom.com

Quote: Lee Dilley @ August 2 2013, 7:32 PM BST

Thank you for your support.

To look for similarities between 'Job lot' and 'Jobseekers', I would start and end it with they both have the word 'job' in the title.

Even if you said they are the yin and yang of Jobseeking, showing the opposites side of the employment desk, they still wouldn't be part of the same world.

The job lot have clearly been influenced by The 'Office' and sets itself up in that office environment.
Jobseekers concentrates on the darker side of being unemployed, the spiralling debt , the relationship strains and the ridiculous scam Jobs.

Jobseekers is set out in the world spanning over a variety of locations and situations.

A job centre is just one of our locations in the pilot amongst the 10 others locations.
Jobseekers is a day in the life of a Jobseeker, Job-huting becomes a full time career.

All due respect to 'Job lot' , Jobseekers is a very different tone of humour, Jobseekers is about 3 lads whom are reaching their 30's and are trying to find work, love and a balance in life.

Heavily influenced by Only Fools and Horses interwinding story lines, we hope we have captured the modern economical times during this recession.

We don't want to just make people laugh, jobseekers is about story and heart.

I could talk all day about this but the proof will be in the pudding.

Watch this space for release dates www.jobseekerssitcom.com

Sounds promising. Hope you manage to have real unemployed people in it and a few older people too. To give you one example, I understand that many in the armed forces have had to leave unexpectedly at 39 and others in their 40s. At the same time, the retirement age has been raised. That's a double whammy!

Youth schemes, which are generally rubbish anyway, cannot help them. Plus their 20 plus years of work experience is a problem for employers as they want people who are wet behind the ears. I am not precisely in this category but have direct experience of something very similar. Guess what I am saying mainly is that to be in the style of an OFAH, it shouldn't be too age blinkered. Ideally it would reflect the broad picture.

Yes of course even in the pilot we see a 40 something male being made redundant, each episode will show people from all ages and backgrounds and how they are struggling to find work as well as following the 3 main characters through life, love and job interviews.

I had around 15 interviews over the span of 2 months when I was unemployed to which many of them were just scam jobs, others were either low or commission based wage.

The Jobseekers I met while waiting for interviews were intelligent, funny and willing to work , we used to share stories of scam jobs and ridiculous characters we had to engage with to find even a low paid unskilled Job.

I want to really reflect these times in Britain.

Well, I wish you all the best with it. Any ideas when it might hit our screens? (TV or laptop?)

Quote: Jennie @ August 7 2013, 4:53 PM BST

Well, I wish you all the best with it. Any ideas when it might hit our screens? (TV or laptop?)

We are currently pitching to all networks.

Any news on the theme song yet Lee?

All best with it,

Quote: Lee Dilley @ August 7 2013, 11:08 PM BST

We are currently pitching to all networks.

You don't need a network - you've filmed it. Get it out there on a video hosting site. Once you've proved the people like it, you'll have much more chance with the networks.