Clone - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: wonderboy85 @ November 25 2008, 12:27 AM GMT

"an actor that didnt look like he should be aborted."

Pete, that's a really really low thing to say. People read these boards, and even if they should be prepared to take everthing with a pinch of salt, i think that's a touch below the line.

I agree insomuch as that I feel the guy is seriously miscast. He's playing it a lot like <and I'm showing my years, here - or rather lack of> - the alien in CITV's Mike & Angelo <?!>. It was basically a very naff show in which an alien secretly lived in a boy's house. If he's going to be so unaware and goofy, it seems like it needs to be tempered with something a bit more interesting than just mickey-mouse-like-chirpiness.

I liked Mike and Angelo.

And I'm sure if Pete had a TARDIS he wouldn't be aborting talentless comedy actors.

It's a great shocking, funny insult.

Let's not be getting all PC yo.

Quote: sootyj @ November 25 2008, 8:49 AM GMT

And I'm sure if Pete had a TARDIS he wouldn't be aborting talentless comedy actors.

Ahh....I see people's confusion. I didn't say he should have BEEN aborted....I said "should BE aborted".

I have nothing against cute little babies in bellies.......I want this jug eared monstrosity whacked as he arrives for filming!

Quote: zooo @ November 25 2008, 12:34 AM GMT

Excellent show. :)

Agreed.

Quote: sootyj @ November 25 2008, 8:49 AM GMT

I liked Mike and Angelo.

I used to love that show when I was but a child.

Quote: Pete @ November 25 2008, 9:04 AM GMT

Ahh....I see people's confusion. I didn't say he should have BEEN aborted....I said "should BE aborted".

I have nothing against cute little babies in bellies.......I want this jug eared monstrosity whacked as he arrives for filming!

You are Sara Palin and I claim my 5 pounds.

I also fnacy you rotten.

Well that's it from me. There are so many things wrong with this show I could write a six-episode sitcom series about it. It just seems very rushed and not properly thought out. About two average jokes in it and more holes than a sieve. A lot of it seems contrived and no one seems to be very likeable apart from the girl who is a sub-character. A shame.

Oh and its very optimistic naming this thread 'Clone - Series 1' :)

Got around to watching episode 2 tonight. I thought it was a bit better. The show has a nice 'feeling' to it, and there are things which should be funny, but, well, they're just not. I'll watch any old crap, but I don't recall laughing once in the two episodes to date.

The biggest laugh I've had related to this sitcom is on the front page of this website where is says 'The jury is still out on this sitcom'. It is certainly not here. The premise is good but the execution hasn't been. I'm not even sure if there is a 'nice' feel to it as its about a Prof trying to exploit the annoying Clone and landlady for his own good, whilst be chased by a murderous Colonel.

I was watching Jonathan Pryce in Ronin last night. Not a bad film, and proof how far Jonathan Pryce has fallen to have to star in trash like this.

Caught the last ten minutes. Wow. I always try to look for the positives in new comedy; I almost succeeded in liking Lab Rats. But f**k me this was bad.

I liked the twix as a poo joke, it was thematically consistent, in character and a good example of foreshadowing.

The rest was more full of stale shit, then a Gregg's shit filled shit pasty.

That had just been shit in.

Simon Bird what the hell are you doing?!

Quote: sootyj @ December 1 2008, 9:14 PM GMT

I liked the twix as a poo joke, it was thematically consistent, in character and a good example of foreshadowing.

Only catching the end I missed the foreshadowing, but it is an ancient joke and the filming of it was absolutely atrocious.

Or by thematically consistent, did you just mean the show was shit? Sorry I am a bit slow today. (Now if you had hinted that the show was shit...)

I meant that the professor relies on his emergency twix to get him out of trouble.

So the fact he used it as a pretend poo was in character.

Thematically it matched the shows ideals of low key, human solutions to scary problems.

It was done in Caddyshack better.

Quote: sootyj @ December 1 2008, 9:24 PM GMT

It was done in Caddyshack better.

That's what I was trying to think of! Thanks that has been bugging me.