Clone - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: sootyj @ November 17 2008, 9:04 PM GMT

World's worst laugh track?

Worse than the one in Scooby Doo?

I didn't laugh once. I'll give it another chance though.

My mum and dad seemed to like it.

I guess that's their demographic.

(I think I'm using that word correctly this time...)

:D

(To say "they're its demographic" would be more correct, but yes.)

Though Beeb 3 is supposed to be aimed at 'the kids', isn't it?

Meh. I'll see next week. If I fancy watching it again then I'm probably hooked for the seires but it wasn't that great so far and that laughter track was seriously annoying.

The barmaid was gorgeous though so that might be the only reason I watch next week.

I still didn't notice the laugh track.

I think I must be immune.

Quote: zooo @ November 17 2008, 9:17 PM GMT

I still didn't notice the laugh track.

I think I must be immune.

:)

I doubt I'd have noticed the laugh track except there was so much of the beginning that wasn't in a studio.

From the writer of some of the best Friends episodes such as The One With The Dozen Lasagnas/Where Eddie Moves In/With The Breast Milk and we get this. *shakes head*

And from Ash "The Office" as well.

Its like two positives equal a pile of poo.

It's actually rather heartening to see that despite absolute world class comedy pedigree (Atalla, Chase, Gatiss), things can still go awry. Not in a gloaty way obviously, (I really do want to see the Beeb turning out great comedy again) but in the respect that it does give the rest of us comedy bums a modicum of hope.

I was done with this after 15 minutes and I managed to get through all 6 Lab Rats episodes.

Quote: Pete @ November 17 2008, 10:07 PM GMT

And from Ash "The Office" as well.

Nice guy, but aren't the great shows he's been involved with down more talented people than him. The Office is Ricky Gervaise/Stephen Merchant and The IT Crowd Graham Linehan. Not sure how much input he had on those shows.

Very little, judging by their vast contrast.

But then The Catherine Tate Show is nothing like Father Ted or Spitting Image.