Clone - Series 1 Page 8

I tuned in and was laughing within 3 or 4 mins.

Because I gave up by minute 2 and turned over!

Friends re-run....where Chandler locks Joey in his cupboard. :D

The Twix/poo joke was terrible. Well not terrible, it was great when it was in Caddyshack but not when it's just stolen 28 years later.

The only reason left to watch Clone is the barmaid. I think I'm in love.

Was episode 3 similar to 1&2, so I know whether to bother watching it or not?

Anybody know what the viewing figures are like for this? And whether it's likely to get a second series?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 2 2008, 3:26 PM GMT

Was episode 3 similar to 1&2, so I know whether to bother watching it or not?

Yes.

Here's an example - man points to ugly man off screen and says "he was hit by the eczema stick" as an example of things you may think but shouldn't say.

Obviously, the line fails in every sense as it's not funny and not true as no one goes around laughing at people with eczema.....just very odd thing to pick on from a list of "personal aliments that we can laugh at". Bit like in the pilot where the scientist uses the implication that cancer has been cured but no one is allowed to know as a "joke"....again, of all the things that could be funny to have been cured but kept secret cancer isn't high on my giggle list. Ironically, the show feels like these jokes need to be kicked around a team of good writers to make sure they work.....ala what chase would do if he was given the budget for some i suppose?

Hmm

We found the cure for the common cold, but it's secret.

That man was hit by the ugly stick, twice I think.

Not brilliant lines, but I reckon they're better and they took me about 5 seconds.

OK, this is just not funny. So why the hell's it on BBC Three?

This is possibly one of the worst shows I have ever seen, and I've been forced to watch Desperate Housewives. I wish they would have put on another Two Pints repeat in its place, I'd probably have seen it 10 times before, but at least I would have laughed once or twice.

How about a competition for how do we think the professor will next use his twix to save the day?

1 Poke it in someone's back and pretend it's a gun.

2 Throw it at something.

Quote: sootyj @ December 3 2008, 2:05 PM GMT

How about a competition for how do we think the professor will next use his twix to save the day?

Rape the barmaid with it while yelling "shut up or you get the Toblerone".....thus igniting a fire of criticism from The Mail and ensure it's pulled off air immediately.

Actually, I assume you meant save our day?

Pete send that in, they may be so desperate they actually use it.

Thinking aloud....I wonder what Twix thought of their product being described as looking like faeces???

Re: sweets, I always thought (sung) "A finger of fudge is just enough, to give your kids a treat" strangely disturbing.

My reaction at the time was that a Twix does not actually look much like a turd, but I did pass one this morning of very similar shape, length and indeed solidity (it actually wedged across the pan without sinking), so who knows, maybe that is what the writer passes every morning.

Quote: Timbo @ December 3 2008, 3:30 PM GMT

My reaction at the time was that a Twix does not actually look much like a turd, but I did pass one this morning of very similar shape, length and indeed solidity (it actually wedged across the pan without sinking), so who knows, maybe that is what the writer passes every morning.

Thanks for sharing that.