Clone - Series 1 Page 9

If shit like this gets commissioned, we'll all be rich soon!

Only if you write shit like this!

That's where I'm going wrong. Going to have a rewrite and take all the jokes out that should work.

Let's be fair. They are trying to write funny. They're trying to do something a bit different. It's not simple smut and crassness, so fair play. Those of us that would criticise and say we can do better (including me) should not become bitter about this show. It is a genuine attempt at good-natured humour. It IS trying to do something new. Even if it so far has not hit the spot, it doesn't lack ambition.

My 8 year old has ambition to be a pilot.....doesnt mean i should let him fly 300 people to Spain.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 6 2008, 1:51 AM GMT

Let's be fair. They are trying to write funny. They're trying to do something a bit different. It's not simple smut and crassness, so fair play. Those of us that would criticise and say we can do better (including me) should not become bitter about this show. It is a genuine attempt at good-natured humour. It IS trying to do something new. Even if it so far has not hit the spot, it doesn't lack ambition.

Is it? A mixture of sickly sentimentality with random tasteless jokes, sitcom cliches and all the stuff they could sift out of Dr Who's dustbin.

It's about the most ungoodnatured thing I ever did see.

Which is a shame as it's not funny, it's unfunny in the same crushing empty way those American films about dogs that play sport are.

I don't claim I could write better. But then I'm not asking for a fat wedge of licence payers funds to make this.

Well that kept to the same standard as previously.

Is this a half Monty?

Christ that was bad. Are they taking the piss? Someone, sitting not so far away from me right now, said that all the people involved in the making of that should be named and shamed like paedophiles :O

I don't feel quite as strong, but still, it was pretty poor.

I'd like to say this show is going from strength to strength, but its really going from weakness to weakness. The episode last night was just plain offensive. Drugging and robbing a policeman is bad enough but trying to gain comedic value from Alzheimer's seems very poor taste, especially since it was so belaboured and unfunny. Another slightly backward character is rather unkindly named "shit for brains" and him being called this several times gained the biggest laughs of the episode. One wonders why the Daily Mail is not getting its knickers in a twist about this, which seems to me to be a bigger waste of licence payers' money than Jonathon Ross.
Also there seemed to be a lot of product placement in that last episode with Pringles and some commercial drink whose name I forget being mentioned. Whatever happened to the BBC not advertising things?

Quote: Cheesehoven @ December 10 2008, 3:13 PM GMT

One wonders why the Daily Mail is not getting its knickers in a twist about this

Because we're the only f**kers watching.

Quote: Cheesehoven @ December 10 2008, 3:13 PM GMT

trying to gain comedic value from Alzheimer's seems very poor taste, especially since it was so belaboured and unfunny.

Well I've only seen about half of what's gone out so far but I've noticed cancer, eczema and now altzeheimers. It's like an offensive episode of House!

Still...Chase was known for this. All those gags Chandler used to do about Parkinson's.

Watching this programme makes me wish I had alzheimer's

Quote: Ned1984 @ December 10 2008, 8:31 PM GMT

Watching this programme makes me wish I had alzheimer's

Or a remote.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 10 2008, 8:32 PM GMT

Or a remote.

But I'd like to forget what I'd already seen as well.