Clone - Series 1 Page 6

I think that Blueyonder and O2 must have had some kind of dispute Nil. I'm still yet to see a single one of your avatars, or images you post! How very, very odd. :/

Not that you care of course, but just an observation.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 24 2008, 3:38 PM GMT

*shakes head*

Watch Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Then watch Glen Garry Glen Ross.....bit part for John but Pacino, Lemon, Spacey, Baldwin, etc, etc. It's like an Aron Sorkin show on steroids.

Quote: Aaron @ November 24 2008, 3:47 PM GMT

I think that Blueyonder and O2 must have had some kind of dispute Nil. I'm still yet to see a single one of your avatars, or images you post! How very, very odd. :/

Not that you care of course, but just an observation.

Any good?

Clone is shit.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 24 2008, 4:44 PM GMT

Clone is shit.

DVD quote right there.

Quote: sootyj @ November 18 2008, 1:08 PM GMT

Well they stuck a laugh track on some Partridge shows when they were reshown on cable.

Sorry, Sooty, but there was a laughter track on the original transmission of Partridge. It was actually filmed in a studio - the travel lodge is a set, believe it or not. Also, it was broadcast long before they let comedy out without a laughter track.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 24 2008, 4:48 PM GMT

DVD quote right there.

Didn't I get the 'How Not to Live your life' one as well?

"Dan Clark can't write or act comedy. Or even f**k by the looks of it." Found with Google!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ November 24 2008, 3:12 PM GMT

Doesn't seem to be able to play it straight enough. And Mark Gatiss shows his limititions as an actor, I think. Hopeless mugging.

I like Gatiss but I have to agree - he's not a good actor. And you're right he's totally over-exposed. He seems to be able to get whatever he wants - whether he can do it or not.

Quote: Pete @ November 18 2008, 1:12 PM GMT

Pryce should have borrowed a few lines from his old mate Pacino when Chase showed him that cack...."You're f**king shit. Where did you learn your trade, you stupid f**king c**t, you idiot? Who ever told you that you could work with men? Oh, I'm gonna have your job, shithead." would have sufficed.

That would've been funny. The sad thing is Chase got a lot more than six thousand dollars and a set of steak knives.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 24 2008, 4:07 PM GMT
Any good?

All working fine now, yes. Go Photobucket! \o/

:)

Lasted 7.32 mins of ep 2 then had to give up. Still shite.

I think one the problems is the jug eared retard they have playing the clone.....I like my morons in sitcoms to have another aspect to them. Joey in Friends was dumb but also the good looking/wealthy one.....this moron looks like a moron and is a moron. Spoiled a couple of the early jokes for me that I would have laughed at from an actor that didnt look like he should be aborted.

For anyone that saw it...I bailed after the "copying the man in the bar" scene.....did anyone realise that scene made ZERO sense?!

Looks like he should have been aborted?

My word that's a harsh insult.

I may have to remember that for future usage.

Lasted the first few scenes.

(Said smugly) "Just because I'm a clone, doesn't mean I have to look like everyone else"

Audience screeches in fits at this apparent 'joke'.

Maybe it got better, but I didn't stay to find out.

"an actor that didnt look like he should be aborted."

Pete, that's a really really low thing to say. People read these boards, and even if they should be prepared to take everthing with a pinch of salt, i think that's a touch below the line.

I agree insomuch as that I feel the guy is seriously miscast. He's playing it a lot like (and I'm showing my years, here - or rather lack of) - the alien in CITV's Mike & Angelo (?!). It was basically a very naff show in which an alien secretly lived in a boy's house. If he's going to be so unaware and goofy, it seems like it needs to be tempered with something a bit more interesting than just mickey-mouse-like-chirpiness.

Quote: wonderboy85 @ November 25 2008, 12:27 AM GMT

CITV's Mike & Angelo

Excellent show. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 24 2008, 5:02 PM GMT

I like Gatiss but I have to agree - he's not a good actor. And you're right he's totally over-exposed. He seems to be able to get whatever he wants - whether he can do it or not.

Have to disagree. Pretty much everything I've seen him in, he's very good.

Haven't seen the 2nd episode as yet, but the 1st was, well... different. Probably an interesting experience for Adam Chase to work on a show with no real money available to hone it prior to broadcast. I hope the series develops and proves people wrong. Plus, Paul Doolan, who has written for the series, is a very nice chap who helped me, so good luck to him...

What slightly scares me (for the series) is that, in his early career, Jonathan Pryce starred as 'Gethan' in Terry Griffith's play, 'The Comedians', which was all about aspiring comedians and was dismally political, virtuous and unfunny.

He was part of a brilliant ensemble cast in 'Glengarry Glen Ross', however. An under-used actor in some respects.

Quote: wonderboy85 @ November 25 2008, 12:27 AM GMT

"an actor that didnt look like he should be aborted."

Pete, that's a really really low thing to say. People read these boards, and even if they should be prepared to take everthing with a pinch of salt, i think that's a touch below the line.

a) Are you serious?????

b) I'm no expert, but I doubt many people have had to abort a 30 year old thespian so I'm hoping the number of those offeneded is pretty low.

Edited by Aaron.