Status report Page 5,728

Will Cam is off today and is currently sat in a Waterstones eating a teacake and drinking coffee.

Is thinking about the sentence: "Why f**k you social groups over 50?"

Aren't we all Gordon, aren't we all?

Seriously, you wonder if this poor bugger is sitting in a room somewhere being utterly deranged. Let's hope he doesn't have access to a gun. It doesn't exactly seem like spam.

Feeling sort of odd about Christmas this year. For the first time in my life my Dad won't be at Christmas lunch as he is going to be with his parents, one of whom is in a home and unfortunately although understandably they have a limit on the amount of family who can visit at that time. So lunch will just be my Mum, Sister and her partner.
We will all be in the same city though so at least get to see each other at some point in the day. It will just be a bit odd.

Ben is gonna lay back and watch some Broad City.

Ben was very disappointed to discover that the roasted chestnut stall in town wasn't there today.

For various reasons, this Christmas is going to be shit for me and I will be glad to see the back of it - roll on 2015. It cannot be any worse than 2014..........can it? :(

Hope some of you will enjoy it.......... Teary

Mine isn't going to be great either as my father died last week, but life goes on and all that.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd December 2014, 4:23 PM GMT

Mine isn't going to be great either as my father died last week, but life goes on and all that.

So sorry to hear that. Condolences, and all the best over this difficult period, and for the next few months. Hope you've got all the support you need from friends and family.

Sorry, Ben. :(

Very sorry to hear that Ben - puts my problems into perspective, which is no consolation to you I realise.

My Father died 30 years ago this year and my Father in Law died on Christmas Day 10 years ago - both seem like yesterday..........

But as you say, life goes on.

Thanks, all.

He had a form of cancer caused by asbestos exposure, so it wasn't curable and I had to accept the end result over a year ago.

I guess that lessens the impact, but I can't even begin to imagine the internal hell he must have been going through when all hope has been snuffed out.

So sorry to hear this, Ben.

My condolences Ben.