Status report Page 5,729

My condolences as well, Ben.

My father died in the summer of 2004 and it felt like a dark cloud over the world. But Christmas the same year was maybe the most beautiful and contemplative one we experienced in our family. No one was bickering with each other. We just tried to make the best out of the Situation. It was as if his passing made us realise for a moment what family and life itself is all about.

So, I wish you a merry Christmas in spite of your loss.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd December 2014, 7:02 PM GMT

Thanks, all.

He had a form of cancer caused by asbestos exposure, so it wasn't curable and I had to accept the end result over a year ago.

I guess that lessens the impact, but I can't even begin to imagine the internal hell he must have been going through when all hope has been snuffed out.

My condolences Ben. My old mum is going to be in hospital with her broken leg but I'll stop moaning about it now.

Thanks again, all!

Ben got an unexpected present from a client of his today which was very nice.

Wishing you all the best Ben commiserating

Nb was it a freelance client,?

Wishes everyone here a merry Christmas.

And you, "Why F**k You Social Groups Over 50?"-guy, wherever you may be now, have a good time as well!

Quote: sootyj @ 24th December 2014, 11:21 AM GMT

Nb was it a freelance client,?

Yes!

Nice one!

13 minutes until it's technically Christmas day in my part of the world...so Merry Christmas all.

Meanwhile. I have to get up in six hours and I'm not packed or anything yet

Quote: Will Cam @ 23rd December 2014, 9:11 PM GMT

My condolences Ben. My old mum is going to be in hospital with her broken leg but I'll stop moaning about it now.

My condolences too Ben. I wish I'd known my Father who died when I was five, the whole thing was very similar to Richard Beckinsale's untimely demise.

Quote: reds @ 24th December 2014, 1:54 PM GMT

13 minutes until it's technically Christmas day in my part of the world...so Merry Christmas all.

Wow, you are so far ahead of us. Merry Christmas!

Quote: reds @ 24th December 2014, 1:54 PM GMT

You lucky, lucky barsted.

It'll be over sooner for you .

Well according to your location OR, you're in the same time zone...... >_<

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th December 2014, 4:11 PM GMT

Well according to your location OR, you're in the same time zone...... >_<

I went native to please our latest member.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 24th December 2014, 5:30 PM GMT

I went native to please our latest member.

Struth! Good on yer cobbler. :) Fair dinkum..........