Status report Page 4,359

Quote: Harridan @ March 16 2012, 8:50 PM GMT

I gave up trying to look fashionable a while ago when all women's clothing had a diamante or sequin vomit somewhere on it. I now exclusively shop in middle-aged-WI-attending-lady shops and I'm much happier.

Think I may have to start doing this. The fashion for tops here at the moment are odd shaped things that go all flowy at the bottom or hardly have any sleeves. Some of them are nice but I'm absoutly the wrong shape to wear them.

Quote: Harridan @ March 16 2012, 8:39 PM GMT

Hipsters

Ironic cardigans, stupid haircuts, skinny jeans, fashionable jadedness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_5uVdy5YmA

never ever gets old

that song was brilliant!

It's actually officially the best song in the world.

I once was almost attacked by a pack of feral hipster dickheads, on account of my unstylish hair.

Sung the first 2 bars and they ran away.

So it can actually save your life.

Quote: sootyj @ March 16 2012, 11:30 PM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_5uVdy5YmA

never ever gets old

Oh tramp balls to you, I like their outfits and haircuts and accessories :P

Tramp balls!

You like everything. I bet you'd even wear one of Giles Brandreth's jumper.

With Giles Brandreth still in it.

when I was at uni I unwittingly made friends with a hipster in disguise as a normal person. He invited me to a house party and all of his friends were in neon eyesore outfits, but they seemed nice enough. I noticed that my friend had a Thundercats poster on his wall and I said how it was my favourite cartoon when I was a kid and everyone started saying how cool it was and how much they loved it...in the course of the conversation it quickly became apparent that no one else, not even my friend, had ever seen an episode of Thundercats. Why would you lie about something like that?! What sort of person feels the need to pretend they used to watch acartoon when they were a kid just because it's a cult classic now? I left soon after...I mean, if they lie about cartoons can you ever really trust them?

Quote: sootyj @ March 16 2012, 11:56 PM GMT

Tramp balls!

You like everything. I bet you'd even wear one of Giles Brandreth's jumper.

With Giles Brandreth still in it.

:D No my friend, tramp balls to you
I hardly like anything, I just don't feel the need to bitch about it online, so ner and once again ner. I quite like Gyles Brandreth's jumpers though. But I'd draw the line at wearing them with him. Perhaps. I dunno, is it, like, in fashion this season to wear Gyles Brandreth's jumpers with him still in them?

That could be the plot for 1950s horror epic

"Bride of teenage hipster!"

"Brad no! What are you wearing? Your glasses have no lenses!"

"Run my dear you won't get far, my fixy bike has one WHOLE gear. Oh crap she just got backsies off a hoody on a ridiculously small BMX and she's riding up hill"

Quote: AJGO @ March 17 2012, 12:08 AM GMT

:D No my friend, tramp balls to you
I hardly like anything, I just don't feel the need to bitch about it online, so ner and once again ner. I quite like Gyles Brandreth's jumpers though. But I'd draw the line at wearing them with him. Perhaps. I dunno, is it, like, in fashion this season to wear Gyles Brandreth's jumpers with him still in them?

Yeh AJGO I saw Lenny Kravitz wearing Giles Brandreth and a jumper in Dalston today.

So yeh better start wering him quick smart. Or Russell Grant.

Quickly now you wouldn't anyone to think you were like a square or something.

Laughing out loud Lenny Kravitz, well whatevs

I miss Hackney.

In case you didn't see it I'm doing a music poll for a chart rundown for my radio show next week. Choose what you think are the best 10 tracks from the following list of 25 songs I originally broadcast over the last six months. These are not necessarily what I think are the best but merely a wide spread of the musical styles that I play every week.

The Top 25 chart will be broadcast during the show's 25th episode on 24th March 2012. Please send this poll to your friends so we can compile as definitive a chart as possible.

http://www.yourfreepoll.com/egafqokcsp.html

I've eaten too much and feel yuk!

:D Good Luck with paddys night! I'm sporting a 'Guinness' tee and black skirt with teal tights and pumps, Hipster enough?.. Oh and Bee-hive avec green slides.

Tuumble done mine!

Quote: Harridan @ March 17 2012, 12:06 AM GMT

when I was at uni I unwittingly made friends with a hipster in disguise as a normal person. He invited me to a house party and all of his friends were in neon eyesore outfits, but they seemed nice enough. I noticed that my friend had a Thundercats poster on his wall and I said how it was my favourite cartoon when I was a kid and everyone started saying how cool it was and how much they loved it...in the course of the conversation it quickly became apparent that no one else, not even my friend, had ever seen an episode of Thundercats. Why would you lie about something like that?! What sort of person feels the need to pretend they used to watch acartoon when they were a kid just because it's a cult classic now? I left soon after...I mean, if they lie about cartoons can you ever really trust them?

What a bunch of Tossers.
I'm a Thundercats fan as well, never missed it.
I'm such an Anorak about it that I even know Officer Dibbles first name.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ March 17 2012, 9:21 PM GMT

Give me a maverick any day, rather than a sheep.

Here ya go: