Status report Page 4,355

Quote: reds @ March 15 2012, 9:36 AM GMT

I think you might be right. There does seem to be about 5 of them. I wonder why it's always five members in a boy band?

4 to daisy chain while the 5th holds the camera?

Quote: Will Cam @ March 15 2012, 9:20 AM GMT

Good for you pauper.

Sent smugly from my iPad I actually don't know how to use, I was actually trying to play Angry Birds.

Smug it up why dontcha?

Ellie ran to work this morning through Hyde Park and it was seriously beautiful!

Quote: L.E. @ March 15 2012, 11:34 AM GMT

Ellie ran to work this morning through Hyde Park and it was seriously beautiful!

What a nice view on the way to work. I think it's amazing to have so many beautiful open spaces in a city the size of London. It's definetly worth walking up the hill in Regents park when you see the view. I saw my first squirrel in Hyde Park, I got a bit of a fright as it was nearly dark and I saw this unfimilar shape run across in front of me.

hohum...I miss London.

Here's the picture I took on the way.

Pretty. On the day I was there they were doing extra filming for Pirates of the Carribian. They had a giant fan near the edge of the water that created a fog effect. It made it feel a bit errie.

It was soooo foggy this morning when I left at 7am. Running across Vauxhall Bridge I can normally see Battersea Power Station to my left and Big Ben and the London Eye to my right... today I saw nothing. Not even the Thames.

Remember both Boris and Ken are planning to rent the parks out for and more ticketed corporate gigs. As well as planning to charge for access to them.

Don't let them!

These parks are a gift to the people of London. Not sleazy money raking oportunities.

My local parks are Finsbury and Hyde Park. With Hyde Park it's astonishing get walking for 15 minutes and you could be anywhere other than a city.

Also the ponds are wonderful.

To all you fox lovers, where's your Messiah now?

Quote: sootyj @ March 15 2012, 8:41 AM GMT

Has everyone else got an ipad?

I'll have one in about 24 hours. UPS shipped it from China to Alaska to Kentucky (past Texas) in 3 days and now it's taking 4 days to make it the last thousand miles to my house. Stupid Apple and their stupid embargoes. Angry

Quote: L.E. @ March 15 2012, 12:31 PM GMT

and the London Eye to my right.

I just read that there are two separate observation wheels planned for Las Vegas and both will be larger than the Eye. I propose that they be named the Las Vegas EyeSoars.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/may/31/ferris-wheel/

Ya see the point of the ole Boris's anus as I call it.

Is you can have a breath taking view of one of the oldest and most fascintating cities in the world.

The Vegas one will allow you to see a big, glittery pile of dog spew surrounded by sand.

Quote: sootyj @ March 15 2012, 1:31 PM GMT

Is you can have a breath taking view of one of the oldest and most fascintating cities in the world.

No you can't; it's foggy. Just ask L.E.

Why can't we get Gazza down.

He took posession of all the fog on the river Tyne

The fog has given way to a beautiful day now though...got my balcony doors open and so nice.

It's pretty much summer here. Everything is blooming, the grass is growing and I'm running the air conditioner most of the day. Looks like our low temperatures are warmer than London's highs this week.