BBC Comedy College Page 12

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 15, 2008, 12:04 AM

It's true that people decide what they want to do and attempt to do it, but whether they succeed or not has nothing to do with wanting it. I've always wanted to be a great musician, but it ain't gonna happen because I haven't got the ability. I could learn about counterpoint etc. but I'd never be anything other than mediocre. Luckily I can do some things quite well. I did this.

*snip*

You may be able to do something similar yourself - but no-one can teach someone who can't do it to do it. Why? Ask a geneticist/neuroscientist.

That is an amazing picture. I wish I could paint like that. That really is AmAzInG!!!!
I could go & cut a sheep in half & fetch millions though.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 15, 2008, 12:04 AM

It's true that people decide what they want to do and attempt to do it, but whether they succeed or not has nothing to do with wanting it. I've always wanted to be a great musician, but it ain't gonna happen because I haven't got the ability. I could learn about counterpoint etc. but I'd never be anything other than mediocre. Luckily I can do some things quite well. I did this.

*snip*

Nope

;)

That's a damn good picture, Godot.

"I could go & cut a sheep in half & fetch millions though."

I don't know if you were joking or not Charley, but it wouldn't be possible. You need some sort of license to get away with it. People just claim 'modern art' is talentless, but Damian Hirst can actually paint to a high standard. He has proved himself at that and is allowed free rein.

Godot, great stuff but you should have used imageshack website to resize the painting for a message board

fab picture godot you talented sod. sold any paintings or is it 'just for fun'

Picture snipped!

Quote: bushbaby @ February 15, 2008, 9:43 AM

Godot, great stuff but you should have used imageshack website to resize the painting for a message board

I know, sorry, I was pissed - or i wouldn't have put it up.

It was a good painting Godot. I used to do pencil portraits, mostly celebrities because no one would model for me and I always wanted to make the leap from pencil to brush. And I shall, one day...

I'm rubbish at painting.
I can draw a bit. But paint is not my friend.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ February 15, 2008, 9:49 AM

fab picture godot you talented sod. sold any paintings or is it 'just for fun'

I made a passable living out of it for several years. I pretty much hate painting though, as it's massively labour-intensive, messy, and very, very difficult, even if you know how to do it - why'd'you think people like Sam Taylor Plank take photographs instead...

Thanks for all the positives from Charley, Perry, DannyJb, BB, Winterlight, Leevil etc. I put it up to illustrate a point that Perry made - that talent for writing is innate.

I sold a couple of arty type things and I hated it too, 'cos if I put that much effort into something I really want to keep it.
Of course, I might have felt differently if I was getting paid a bit (a lot) more, like you probably were. You talented little bean, you!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 15, 2008, 12:26 PM

Thanks for all the positives from Charley, Perry, DannyJb, BB, Winterlight, Leevil etc. I put it up to illustrate a point that Perry made - that talent for writing is innate.

that was the first thing that sprung to my mind when confronted by the naked lady

It's easy once you've sold a few, Zoo. Being able to say that you got £x for a painting validates you as an artist and gives you more confidence. Anyway, there's always some areas that didn't quite work - so I focus on that and say the next one will be better.

I'll link to my site when its finished so you peruse some more ART - or tits and ass if you're AJP or Leevil.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ February 15, 2008, 12:29 PM

that was the first thing that sprung to my mind when confronted by the naked lady

But not the only thing that sprung, right?

Hey nick I'm on Giraffe.com Laughing out loud Check it out everyone.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 15, 2008, 12:37 PM

or tits and ass if you're AJP or Leevil.

As long as it's not your tits and ass!

Do you have any naked men please? :)

I attempted a painting of the Boosh men once (not naked) and I had to give up half way through, 'cos I'd made Julian look like Jeremy Beadle.