BBC Comedy College Page 65

Just to round off, I expect this is one of the final posts for College of Comedy (year 1): http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2009/03/and_now_the_end_is_near.shtml

Stuff related to the new year should probably go in the Year 2 thread in 'Writers' Opportunities': https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/12260

Dan

Just been talking to one of the Trippplicate girls. She said the showcase was scary but good. Hope it went well for everyone, including our very own Warbles.

Which one of them? Their sitcom extract was really quite promising, I thought.

Quote: Aaron @ March 26 2009, 12:12 PM GMT

They wrote for School of Comedy - you know that right, Aaron?

Were you at the showcase last night, then? Bloody industry!

Quote: Seefacts @ March 26 2009, 2:39 PM GMT

They wrote for School of Comedy - you know that right, Aaron?

Yes, I do. Perhaps their sketches were some of the better ones.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 26 2009, 2:41 PM GMT

Were you at the showcase last night, then? Bloody industry!

Yes, indeed I was. Micheál very kindly invited Mark and I to attend. A very good evening all-round. Very talented performers, and even the weakest of the 6 writer/teams showed a lot of promise.

Quote: Aaron @ March 26 2009, 2:50 PM GMT

Yes, I do. Perhaps their sketches were some of the better ones.

Gahh!! So cruel!

Morgan. Nice girl - I met her at the Scallywagga 2 script meeting last week along with the rest of Trippplicate. They have really good ideas.

Ah good. Met Katie last night - I think she thought we were from Chortle, who I'm told really ripped into them at ... Edinburgh, or something. >_< Their 'Spilt Milk' sitcom seemed quite promisng. A bit of polishing needed, but a lot of potential there IMO. I'm under the impression that it may have been their first venture into sitcom writing as well, so especially good considering that.

There's an interesting take on the evening from some bloke on Michael Jacob's Writersroom Blog.

Quote: chipolata @ March 27 2009, 3:48 PM GMT

There's an interesting take on the evening from some bloke on Michael Jacob's Writersroom Blog.

Thanks for drawing my attention to that, Chip.

Wave

Anybody entered this year? Got my application in last week.

Wonder if there'll be as many entrants as last year? The official blog suggests not.

Closed - use the latest thread CC 2009 in Writing Opportunities.