BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 13

Yes well done to Rob H who's started with a very high score. His rankings from previous years are not that high though so I think Gerry remains the one to get in front of.

No comment on captaining Lukaku Gerry? Don did it, but unusually risky for you. I see you have already sold him for Welbeck. Chasing points or what? :) His reincarnation as a goal machine seems unlikely.

I note that I got exactly the same number of points as badge who picked his name based on the first initial of their names,,,

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 22 2013, 2:29 PM BST

No comment on captaining Lukaku Gerry? Don did it, but unusually risky for you. I see you have already sold him for Welbeck. Chasing points or what? :) His reincarnation as a goal machine seems unlikely.

It was a huge rick on reflection. I made the schoolboy error of buying into pre-season form.

You're half right on the transfer front; I've binned Lukaku, but not for Welbeck. If I didn't already have Van Persie it probably would have been my move though, which is a bit worrying :)

Yes, great start from Rob, top of the table. But he'll drop like a stone soon enough (think the opening credits of Mad Men).

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 22 2013, 2:42 PM BST

You're half right on the transfer front; I've binned Lukaku, but not for Welbeck. If I didn't already have Van Persie it probably would have been my move though, which is a bit worrying :)

You must've made more than one transfer then because he's the only forward who went up in value. I reckon Fergie'll tear him a new arsehole if he scores again.

Quote: don rushmore @ August 22 2013, 3:06 PM BST

Yes, great start from Rob, top of the table. But he'll drop like a stone soon enough (think the opening credits of Mad Men).

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 22 2013, 10:29 AM BST

107 points for Rob H

Well played sir.

Panic at Horseradish Stadium on seeing the headline. Thought Huth had been awarded a score of 107 for some unknown reason just after we had sold him.

But well done Rob H for this week's best performance outside Fenerbahce.

I haven't thought of a name for my ground yet.
All bids welcome

The Dirty Den
St Fairys
The Eminemirates stadium
St Lames Park
The Sweatyhad stadium
Smellworst park
The Berniebau Inn

The Weako Arena?

:)

In other news
I've done 3 transfers so will lose 8 points
Expecting to slip down the league next week, but it's a long season.

My apologies for a ridiculously flukey beginning! I have no doubt that normal service will be resumed shortly.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 22 2013, 2:29 PM BST

Yes well done to Rob H who's started with a very high score. His rankings from previous years are not that high though so I think Gerry remains the one to get in front of.

This is almost certainly correct.

Quote: don rushmore @ August 22 2013, 3:06 PM BST

As is this.

Thank God I dumped Anelka before the season started

Quote: Rob H @ August 23 2013, 9:10 AM BST

My apologies for a ridiculously flukey beginning! I have no doubt that normal service will be resumed shortly.

Man up and get some balls. Have faith in yourself, blue sky thinking, push the envelope, feel the burn and so on...

(I've put twenty quid on Gerry beating you) :)

Quote: shaggy292 @ August 23 2013, 10:48 AM BST

Thank God I dumped Anelka before the season started

Question is why the hell would you take a punt on that bloody nutter?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 22 2013, 8:58 PM BST

All bids welcome

The Dirty Den
St Fairys
The Eminemirates stadium
St Lames Park
The Sweatyhad stadium
Smellworst park
The Berniebau Inn

Mines called the DW40 Stadium. It's cos we're so slick!

Ok, everyone's got two weeks from today to post some abuse or something, otherwise I will suspend you from he Clique league.

I do post. But I've had the shits for over a week now. Not from this, you understand...

Dan

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 22 2013, 8:58 PM BST

All bids welcome

The Dirty Den
St Fairys
The Eminemirates stadium
St Lames Park
The Sweatyhad stadium
Smellworst park
The Berniebau Inn

All creditable, but second-tier Sunshine. (Sweatyhad and Smellworst nearly make it).

My lot play at Ji Sung Park.

Dan

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 23 2013, 5:48 PM BST

All creditable, but second-tier Sunshine. (Sweatyhad and Smellworst nearly make it).

I can't believe you're dissing the Sunshine. He is a two-timing avatar stealing son-of-a-bitch true but he spent most of the summer working on those. You have no heart! (Smellworst Park easily the best!)