BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 16

Quote: swerytd @ August 27 2013, 10:02 PM BST

No clique spin offs or I'll ban you!

Dan

Laughing out loud

Okay then, Dan. Sorry!

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 27 2013, 9:20 PM BST

Thanks, mate! :)

I think we missed a trick by not also setting up a private BCG music fans clique league with you, me, Chappers, Ben, and Rob H. Then a top five finish would be a done deal!

We did. I've had to set up the "Canada Knows Best" League to achieve it. Have been 1st there both in Weeks 1 and 2. Obviously that cheers me enormously. Clearly it's the other leagues that are out of step.

More news on the FF systems run by the Mirror, Mail and Metro. As mentioned, those are my training grounds. A chance to see what works in a less competitive environment like a pre-season Vietnam tour.

The players CAN be correctly positioned but only if you have a defence and midfield in which those of highest value play on the right and those of the lowest value play on the left. That is how their systems position them and it can't be altered. A challenge what with thinking how the subs might slot in too.

Funnily enough, it doesn't narrow down the options too much. You just can't have the Evras and the Silvas. But with our one, anyone can be placed anywhere with a bit of patience so it is the most sophisticated.

Quote: Horseradish @ August 27 2013, 11:02 PM BST

We did. I've had to set up the "Canada Knows Best" League to achieve it.

What about Canada Uniteds Northern Territories?

Quote: roscoff @ August 27 2013, 11:16 PM BST

What about Canada Uniteds Northern Territories?

Do you want to join?

Quote: Horseradish @ August 27 2013, 11:18 PM BST

Do you want to join?

I've been a member for years :)

Have used my weekly transfer after all to make a further adjustment to the defence.

Would appreciate advice for future weeks on how many free transfers can be rolled over. The rules say you can delay the use of the one weekly free transfer until the following games week and that this continues if it is not then used. They also say that you can never have more than one free transfer. I don't understand.

Me neither
You get one per week, which can roll over to the next week but no further.
2 free transfers is the maximum in any given week (apart from using a wildcard )

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 27 2013, 9:20 PM BST

No idea what any of this means. Can someone explain please.

Players go up & down in value depending on performance
So this can change the overall value of your team & therefore your spending power

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 28 2013, 12:39 PM BST

Me neither
You get one per week, which can roll over to the next week but no further.
2 free transfers is the maximum in any given week (apart from using a wildcard )

That is really helpful and a bit different from what I guessed. Thanks Steve.

So this can change the overall value of your team & therefore your spending power

Cheers, Steve.

Based on previous seasons, anyone know how quickly prices drop on injured players? I have Foster out for 12 weeks. Do I need to sell asap because his value will plummet?

Equally, how steeply/quickly can prices rise? Eg Fraizer Campbell? I know the max fluctuation is £100,000/day, but could that go up by as much as, say, £500,000 in a week?

You sure about that Steve? I though they went up and down in relation to the transfer market? Lots of players dumped Lukaku since GW1 so his price has come down .3m. Lots of people have brought in Silva so his price has gone up .2m.

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 28 2013, 1:44 PM BST

Cheers, Steve.

Based on previous seasons, anyone know how quickly prices drop on injured players? I have Foster out for 12 weeks. Do I need to sell asap because his value will plummet?

Equally, how steeply/quickly can prices rise? Eg Fraizer Campbell? I know the max fluctuation is £100,000/day, but could that go up by as much as, say, £500,000 in a week?

Gerry, Dan or Don might know better than me about this - or splodge? I wouldn't think there will be a wholesale shipping out of Foster because people won't want to waste a transfer on a keeper. Unless your sub keeper is a non-player just get them in until you can spare the transfer.

Don't buy Fraxier Campbell - he's shit.

Quote: swerytd @ August 27 2013, 10:02 PM BST

No clique spin offs or I'll ban you!

Dan

Can you get rid of Paul's Mariners and The Dalstonistas from our league, as they don't meet the posting requirements.

I don't get the point of two keepers at all except for maybe one week of the season when one is unavailable. But then all you need to do is transfer him for a week and buy him back again. It also looks odd to me that defenders, who are much cheaper than forwards, are getting more points. Eh? I've looked and people are going 5-3-2 which only Italians and idiots would think is a normal thing to do. Not sure I get this game.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 28 2013, 2:53 PM BST

You sure about that Steve? I though they went up and down in relation to the transfer market?

It's probably that then.
I just know that prices change

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 28 2013, 3:35 PM BST

It also looks odd to me that defenders, who are much cheaper than forwards, are getting more points. Eh? I've looked and people are going 5-3-2 which only Italians and idiots would think is a normal thing to do. Not sure I get this game.

This is curious. Only 8 of the 20 current leading defenders in the table scored more than 100 points last year. None of them scored anywhere near 200.

We are one nineteenth through this season's games, ie 2 played of 38. So multiply current points by 19.

You will find that if all of the 20 current leaders continued to accumulate points at the same rate as in the first two matches, they would all have over 200 points at the end of this season.

So would those currently in the 21st, 22nd and 23rd positions. Obviously that would be a huge change.

Even taking account of the fact that two teams have played three matches doesn't greatly alter this fact.

Possibly points become spread more evenly as more defenders are used through the season. Or could it be there is a new bonus system that is up the creek? It would be useful to know the reason!

(Incidentally, Bony has an injury and is only 75% certain for Sunday. Some have said on the worldwide web that he could be injury prone. I've lost him today at the expense of 4 points as he isn't proven and, more importantly, I could have ended up with just one forward to field, given that two teams aren't even playing.)

I wouldn't pick Azpilicueta because I don't know how to spell it or pronounce it. (Copied and pasted from Godot's post.)

Seriously surprised about Swansea as I've got three in my team. Maybe jetison Williams.