BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 15

My 8 point transfer hit hasn't been as costly as I'd expected so far.
I've jettisoned some Chelsea players & freed up some funds, so I'm feeling satisfied enough.
Eden Hazard is the only player allowed to do well tomorrow btw.

Damn these clean sheets
Come on guys, make it a 1-1 draw instead

I'm enjoying my moment in the sun. Next week I have four players not playing. I can see a big tumble heading my way. I'll be happy with double figures.

Pretty pissed off to be behind Ross and Gerry because of Ivanovic's clean sheet when he should've had a red last week. I would have got the CS then as Mourinho would have had to start Azpilicueta.

Starting the season with a double Chelsea gameweek should have been a fun thing but it's drained me. I knew Azpilicueta wouldn't play the first game due to lack of fitness but 1 minute in three matches?

Rinsed and repeated Lukaku this week in the hope that he would poach one but Mourinho didn't even start a striker. Instead we get old crocks like Terry and Lampard doing 270minutes.

Mata is clearly going to be sold, ditto Luiz, Hazard is looking to be useless as a fantasy asset, the new signings are a punt. As it stands the best Chelsea asset to have is probably Terry, and who wants to have that c**t in their team?

I'm not taking a points hit to ship out all my Chelsea staff so I'm forced to lose money. .5m so far on Az and Luk. F**king hell.

Not to mention the fact that Mourinho removed De Bruyne on 59 minutes, instead of 60, denying him his clean sheet bonus. I should be seventh this morning. Someone needs to remind him of his wider responsibility to the fantasy football community.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 27 2013, 1:33 AM BST

I'm not taking a points hit to ship out all my Chelsea staff so I'm forced to lose money. .5m so far on Az and Luk. F**king hell.

You've got to keep an eye on that team value, an extra million or two can make a huge difference come the January wildcard.

In other news, my inability to select a captain who scores more than two points is beginning to grate. I blame Mourinho and his anti-football.

Not unkindly, this team is quite pleased that everyone isn't firing on all cylinders. We are far enough behind in last place already. Funny thing is that, while there is an opportunity for a free transfer, we probably won't take it this week. Having explored the myriad of possible options, the selection oddly still feels about right.

Oh, for f**k's sake; my bench got 19 points. WHY ON EARTH DID I LEAVE VILLA PLAYERS IN AS FIRST CHOICES!? What the hell am I thinking?

Dan

Abroad on holiday with no opportunity to change my line-up from GW1 or make transfers, and I probably did better than if I'd made changes. Back now in time to
screw things up for GW3. :D

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 27 2013, 1:33 AM BST

Pretty pissed off to be behind Ross and Gerry because of Ivanovic's clean sheet when he should've had a red last week. I would have got the CS then as Mourinho would have had to start Azpilicueta.

They won't start Azpilicueta until they find a jersey big enough to put his name on. Although he scores 86 points in football player scrabble.

Quote: roscoff @ August 27 2013, 12:25 PM BST

They won't start Azpilicueta until they find a jersey big enough to put his name on. Although he scores 86 points in football player scrabble.

The Ox might be able to assist.

Does anyone know when they first let people with double barrelled names play?

Also, is Bony more baloney than Berbatov is currently off?

The latter might be about to make the swiftest return ever to the Radishers with some temporary musical chairing with Lambert. Or he might not be. Such are our dilemmas - and next month's fixtures hardly help.

(Welcome back George)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 27 2013, 9:57 AM BST

You've got to keep an eye on that team value, an extra million or two can make a huge difference come the January wildcard.

I know Gerry. You had about six or eight million quid more than me when I started to pull myself back up the table mid season last year. It was really frustrating back then to not be able to afford the necessary players to sort things.

It's part of the game but I don't want to play if I have to ship out say Alex Pozuelo for Ross Barkley just to keep my team value. I could have done Azpilicueta/Hazard/Lukaku to Coleman/Silva/Giroud and gained value but I haven't I've done something else.

Quote: swerytd @ August 27 2013, 12:02 PM BST

Oh, for f**k's sake; my bench got 19 points. WHY ON EARTH DID I LEAVE VILLA PLAYERS IN AS FIRST CHOICES!? What the hell am I thinking?

Dan

Bad luck Dan. I've got to admit I did find it strange that you put Lowton in instead of Evra but then you did Buy Torres and good-in-the-air (Begovic's air) Jon Walters.

Shame Lowton got booked as well. :)

I vote we call next year's league 'Dan's Bench' as a tribute.

Quote: roscoff @ August 27 2013, 12:25 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 27 2013, 9:57 AM BST

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 27 2013, 4:56 PM BST

I know Gerry. You had about six or eight million quid more than me when I started to pull myself back up the table mid season last year. It was really frustrating back then to not be able to afford the necessary players to sort things.

It's part of the game but I don't want to play if I have to ship out say Alex Pozuelo for Ross Barkley just to keep my team value. I could have done Azpilicueta/Hazard/Lukaku to Coleman/Silva/Giroud and gained value but I haven't I've done something else.

No idea what any of this means. Can someone explain please.

Quote: Horseradish @ August 27 2013, 2:18 PM BST

(Welcome back George)

Thanks, mate! :)

I think we missed a trick by not also setting up a private BCG music fans clique league with you, me, Chappers, Ben, and Rob H. Then a top five finish would be a done deal!

No clique spin offs or I'll ban you!

Dan