BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 11

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 19 2013, 12:11 PM BST

Everyone's fielded a fairly decent team to be honest - I don't see an real 'errors' except Horeradish captaining Shawcross, which presumably was some sort of slip of the mouse.

Hello Godot - Never know whether to do "I" or "We" on this thread. "We" for less successful days perhaps.

Our Captain was Walcott but on hearing at 11.20am that he was 50/50 to play, panic set in and he was withdrawn. Then a mad 10 min dash to sort the rest out as we like to try to make the team look right too. Shawcross was captained in the final minute before deadline. With hindsight, not an entirely sensible move and we know why. It's also been a long time since we last played. We're having to relearn best strategy.

Quote: Numpty @ August 19 2013, 8:41 AM BST

I'm currently beating horseradish in the head to head. Cushty

Numpty - Welcome and well done. We've got Santon left. Oh - withdrawn! "Short of fitness" - what????

Incidentally, to people who haven't been entered into their Premiership team global league, there may be a glitch in the original processing. If you state your team a second time, the team at least is shown pictorially.

Cheers Godot, I've joined the cleek finally. :(

Clean sheet for my goalie. Shame Kompany couldn't get one in though. Is the league table on the site?

Just realised what the H2H league is!

Well I beat Sporting Osborne using the same goalie and centre forward.

Quote: don rushmore @ July 25 2013, 9:17 PM BST

Any early thoughts about strikers, Godot?

I really like Benteke but his Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool start doesn't appeal.

Did you have faith? After all he was only playing Arsenal.

Zabaleta's done his best to claw me out of the bottom half, when the scores are updated I should be in the top 8 somewhere, with a few Chelsea and Villa players to play again.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 19 2013, 12:11 PM BST

And he's leaving 13pts on the bench with Coleman. Incidentally what is it with Coleman - everyone seems to have him - was there a memo that went round? I wouldn't have minded being in on it.

I missed that memo too. Got the Koscielny one though...

I'm at position 63,674 in the national league.

Quote: Chappers @ August 19 2013, 10:49 PM BST

Did you have faith? After all he was only playing Arsenal.

I did, it was a no-brainer in the end. Come May, he'll be the second highest goalscorer after Van Persie. (And well done to Noscum Utd - an excellent start.)

Quote: Chappers @ August 19 2013, 10:21 PM BST

Clean sheet for my goalie. Shame Kompany couldn't get one in though. Is the league table on the site?

It's on the right hand side of all the FF pages. Maybe wipe your laptop screen. :)

You realise that you don't get the clean sheet for Hart right? Dave, I see you are employing the 'Don Scorleone' (Ask Don) defence of two strikers and a keeper from the same team. Very high risk. Not sure why you wouldn't use them all tonight? You can't be expecting a better opportunity than Newcastle away.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 19 2013, 9:23 PM BST

Cheers Godot, I've joined the cleek finally. :(

Welcome Alfred. I see you have that capering Dutch twat Van Persie. At least Gerry won't feel so alone now.

I love that you remember Don Scorleone. :D

(Though you're confusing it with Armageddon.)

Of course.

What was 'Don but not forgotdon'? Or did I just make that up?

Dunno what that is. Unless you're remembering this? Bussell insinuates I'm Ming the Mirthless. I didn't bite though.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/675895/

Quote: don rushmore @ August 20 2013, 3:45 PM BST

Dunno what that is. Unless you're remembering this? Bussell insinuates I'm Ming the Mirthless. I didn't bite though.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/675895/

Don but not forgetting.

You've had a decent start, Badge. I didn't think you knew shit from Ginola. :)

Ginola? Begins with G. Where is he on the list?

A bit flukey to be honest Don. Gerry had my odds right. I don't know enough about FF to have a chance of anything but bottom 3 over the season I think.

Talking of which, I haven't looked into transfers. Any tips on when one should make them, and are there limits on numbers?

Quote: Badge @ August 20 2013, 5:17 PM BST

Ginola? Begins with G. Where is he on the list?

A bit flukey to be honest Don. Gerry had my odds right. I don't know enough about FF to have a chance of anything but bottom 3 over the season I think.

Talking of which, I haven't looked into transfers. Any tips on when one should make them, and are there limits on numbers?

You can make one free transfer each week. If one of the top clubs is playing one of the bottom clubs, then always advisable to transfer one of their strikers in that week.