BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 8

It must be one of us having a second team. Not allowed and delete please.

Anyone who was here last year will have seen that I was a lot friendlier and less of an arse than in the main forum. I intend to be the same this season. I wish everyone good luck and I love you all a little bit in a non-fag way.

Good luck and support your team if you have one by fielding a player.

Godot

Last minute change of formation - 5-3-2.

Took me a while to figure out how to do it, but got there in the end. Laughing out loud

I've caved and brought Van Persie back in. It feels right.

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 17 2013, 10:52 AM BST

Last minute change of formation - 5-3-2.

Took me a while to figure out how to do it, but got there in the end. Laughing out loud

Exactly the same as me George. :0)

Some last minute tinkering from me, but I seem to have built a team of players belonging to clubs who dream of mid-table respectability, basing their selection mostly on last season's performance.

This is almost certainly the formula for overwhelming success.

Friend of mine made 15 'free' transfers at 11:28 - they weren't processed until 11:31.

He starts the season on minus 56 points. :(

Quote: Rob H @ August 17 2013, 11:45 AM BST

Exactly the same as me George. :0)

Some last minute tinkering from me, but I seem to have built a team of players belonging to clubs who dream of mid-table respectability, basing their selection mostly on last season's performance.

This is almost certainly the formula for overwhelming success.

Realised it wasn't Friday at 11.17am. The news? Captain - and the first player to be put on the sheet - "doubtful" so couldn't be risked. Consequently was still making changes at 11.29am. If the clock I have is wrong, the team could look anything but sane or complete. Whatever happens, it won't be as anticipated.

Update - Just spotted Don's comments - suddenly feel much more hopeful. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ August 17 2013, 11:51 AM BST

Friend of mine made 15 'free' transfers at 11:28 - they weren't processed until 11:31.

Oh well, there's always next season. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ August 17 2013, 11:51 AM BST

Tell him he can activate his wildcard Don, it wipes out any points hits for previous transfers in the gameweek.

In other news, Sterling doesn't start for Liverpool. First rick of the season for me.

Good point, Gerry, I'll pass that on.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 17 2013, 12:06 PM BST

In other news, Sterling doesn't start for Liverpool. First rick of the season for me.

Who's on your bench to replace him?

Whittingham is my first sub, the other 2 subs are pure dross. I only brought Sterling in for Coutinho this morning, thanks to the Guardian's predicted line-ups. Leftie f**ks.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 17 2013, 11:13 AM BST

I've caved and brought Van Persie back in. It feels right.

Three seasons without injury? I predict Van Purse Empty will fall getting off the bus and knacker his cruciate.

Swansea are going to put a hammer down on United this afternoon and could win it. Incidentally the match is live and FREE on PickTV (Freeview 11) from 5pm this afternoon if you don't have Sky.

I was going to go with Sturridge, but wasn't sure how sharp he'd be after his injury. Oh well.

Sturridge was always on to score against a slightly less defensive Stoke under Mark Hughes, but for me the Chelsea/Villa DGW kept him out.

Just got 12pts for Mignolet, which (sips wine) was nice.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 17 2013, 2:58 PM BST

Sturridge was always on to score against a slightly less defensive Stoke under Mark Hughes, but for me the Chelsea/Villa DGW kept him out.

Just got 12pts for Mignolet, which (sips wine) was nice.

The bonus points are live this season, Mig has the 3. (Sturridge and Aspas 2 apiece.) Very nice start Mr Taxis.

So does Benteke still get points docked for a missed penalty even though he scored on the rebound?