BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 6

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 12 2013, 11:45 AM BST

I've settled on my team, I'm starting the season Van Persieless :O

If anyone's still struggling with their squad selection, this might help, it shows how well teams rotate with each other (very handy when picking keepers and your cheapo defenders)

Gerry (or anyone), I've learnt one useful thing from this. I never knew that Hull and Crystal Palace were such mortal enemies, and can't both play at home simultaneously.

But what else am I supposed to be gleaning from your table?

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 12 2013, 12:26 PM BST

Gerry (or anyone), I've learnt one useful thing from this. I never knew that Hull and Crystal Palace were such mortal enemies, and can't both play at home simultaneously.

But what else am I supposed to be gleaning from your table?

Hi George Wave

The table shows how well teams rotate with each other. For example, I'm going with Marshall (Cardiff) and Boruc (Southampton) as my keepers. The graph tells me that (at least) one will be playing at home in 34 of the 38 gameweeks.

It's always tough trying to pick a team when everyone is playing away.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 12 2013, 12:33 PM BST

Hi George Wave

The table shows how well teams rotate with each other. For example, I'm going with Marshall (Cardiff) and Boruc (Southampton) as my keepers. The graph tells me that (at least) one will be playing at home in 34 of the 38 gameweeks.

It's always tough trying to pick a team when everyone is playing away.

Yo Gerry! Wave

Got it now! Thanks.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I'm aiming for a 17th spot this season, just avoiding relegation, as I find my feet/learn the ropes. But next season - wait for it - it's Europa League or bust!

Also, as I can't be arsed to wade through all the rules & regs, presumably I can select my captain and VC on a gameweek by gameweek basis?

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 12 2013, 2:00 PM BST

Also, as I can't be arsed to wade through all the rules & regs, presumably I can select my captain and VC on a gameweek by gameweek basis?

You've got it. Getting the captaincy pick right is a major part of the game, I think that's why so many people people are splashing out £14m on Van Persie, he's always a great choice for the armband.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 12 2013, 3:47 PM BST

You've got it. Getting the captaincy pick right is a major part of the game, I think that's why so many people people are splashing out £14m on Van Persie, he's always a great choice for the armband.

Cheers, Gerry!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 10 2013, 4:25 PM BST

Rob, I know I speak for all the guys in saying you're very welcome. Don't forget to join the 'clique' section of the league.

Thanks Godot. How does one go about joining the 'clique' section? Is there a code?

Code PM'd Rob.

In other news, I've completely dismantled my team again. I think I may have a problem.

If anyone could send the 'clique' code my way, then it would be appreciated.

I've taken a big risk with the first week captaincy - I've gone for a player who hasn't played a single competitive minute for his club. Ever.

EDIT - I'm now in. I like what you've done with the wallpaper.

A perfect dozen now in the clique.

For a bit of fun I've priced up the betting for the title this season.

Gerry McDonnell10/11
Godot Taxis11/1
Don Rushmore12/1
Dan (Dan)14/1
Mr Splodge20/1
Rob H 20/1
Daniel Shakir33/1
Paul Rogers33/1
Ross Salvage33/1
Ben Ricketts40/1
George Kaplan40/1
Steve Sunshine40/1

I will not be accepting bets at these odds :)

Thanks

Quote: Badge @ August 14 2013, 2:21 PM BST

Thanks

You haven't joined the clique league yet Badge, I'll create a new market when you get involved :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 14 2013, 2:16 PM BST

A perfect dozen now in the clique.

For a bit of fun I've priced up the betting for the title this season.

Gerry McDonnell10/11
Godot Taxis11/1
Don Rushmore12/1
Dan (Dan)14/1
Mr Splodge20/1
Rob H 20/1
Daniel Shakir33/1
Paul Rogers33/1
Ross Salvage33/1
Ben Ricketts40/1
George Kaplan40/1
Steve Sunshine40/1

I will not be accepting bets at these odds :)

Yes 'tis true, Gerry. One entry was temporarily withdrawn this week due to unforeseen qualms.

Do you now want to keep it at 12? If so, I still have my squad. I'd just post it on the thread for betting.

Alternatively, it still could be Lucky 13.

Quote: Horseradish @ August 14 2013, 2:24 PM BST

Yes 'tis true, Gerry. One entry was temporarily withdrawn this week due to unforeseen qualms.

Do you now want to keep it at 12? If so, I still have my squad here. I'd just post it on the thread for betting.

Alternatively, it still could be Lucky 13.

The more the merrier Horseradish, as long as you're a regular poster, you're in.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 14 2013, 2:25 PM BST

The more the merrier Horseradish, as long as you're a regular poster, you're in.

Thank you. I am now back in. My team is Horseradish Rovers.

All the players are from acceptable teams with one exception. He has only been agreed by the Committee because he plays for an acceptable national team.

Competition is a terrible business. Fortunately, I am fully confident that we won't win. My only fear is that we could do better than anticipated. We might have to lose every match around Christmas.

Footnote

Message endorsed by Raphanus L'Escargot, President, Common Carp and White Sucker (Lake Winnipeg) Corporation. His kindly oligarchary is helping us to balance our books.

I'm in the clique too. Presumably my odds will reflect my ludicrous self-imposed policy of only selecting players beginning with B-C-G.