BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 4

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 7 2013, 9:56 PM BST

Godot tried that
& then had a sneaky Van Persie love in, when he thought no one was looking

It's true. My hypocrisy was unmasked and pilloried mercilessly. But I deserved it. This season there will definitely be no overrated lazy Dutchmen with Christopher Lee's hair.

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 7 2013, 7:16 PM BST

Hello Godot! Wave

Welcome George. And Horseradish. And Badge - nice one.

Oh guys, you need to join the 'clique', the BCG league is full of deadbeats who got inserted automatically who never post here. The Clique is our league.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 7 2013, 9:56 PM BST

Godot tried that
& then had a sneaky Van Persie love in, when he thought no one was looking

Laughing out loud

Welcome to the newbies Wave

I apologise in advance for crushing you all.

Is there a code for the clique? Or if you have to ask does that mean you're not in it?

After a lengthy (and sporadically violent) consultation with other clique members, we have decided to allow you in. Code PM'd.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 8 2013, 9:56 AM BST

I apologise in advance for crushing you all.

You can really smell the fear in that unconvincing line.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 8 2013, 3:52 PM BST

You can really smell the fear in that unconvincing line.

You might be right :)

I'm having an absolute mare finalising my squad, I've tinkered with it about 116 times.

Is it wrong that I hope Van Persie gets crocked in the Community Shield, just to make my life a little easier?

One Tinker & I'm ready to go.
Which is exactly what I said when I thought those Gypsies were moving in nearby.

I've gone with RVP. Think he should still be worth a goal or two.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 8 2013, 3:57 PM BST

You might be right :)

I'm having an absolute mare finalising my squad, I've tinkered with it about 116 times.

Is it wrong that I hope Van Persie gets crocked in the Community Shield, just to make my life a little easier?

Van Persie wasn't even the third highest goal scorer last season if exclude penalties and factor in time played. But he was the most expensive. He also had some lucky decisions - I haven't forgotten that hattrick of offside goals against Villa. I doubt you have either.

He's even more expensive this time round, despite the fact that United haven't really strengthened their team and there's a very real chance of them finishing third. I wouldn't buy him.

And Gerry, it's nightmare, not 'mare' - you're not a 14 year-old girl. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 8 2013, 11:52 PM BST

And Gerry, it's nightmare, not 'mare' - you're not a 14 year-old girl.

I think he meant that Van Persie looks like a Horse
*Whispers- I think he's got him confused with Van Nistelrooy.. Bless

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 8 2013, 12:43 AM BST

Oh guys, you need to join the 'clique', the BCG league is full of deadbeats who got inserted automatically who never post here. The Clique is our league.

Is that as well as the H2H league? How does that work?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 8 2013, 8:19 PM BST

One Tinker & I'm ready to go.
Which is exactly what I said when I thought those Gypsies were moving in nearby.

forgot to go :D

Just won this medal for the Dads v Coaches match at my boy's school. First silverware of the season to me.

Well done, Don!

How many coaches do they have exactly? I think my school's sports staff consisted of 5 people.

Cheers, Ben.

This was a football camp, run by an outside company, on the school grounds. 5 coaches took part. His actual primary school doesn't have any sports staff as such, just a caretaker who runs a football class once a week.