BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 5

Quote: don rushmore @ August 9 2013, 3:56 PM BST

Just won this medal for the Dads v Coaches match at my boy's school. First silverware of the season to me.

Nice one, Don!

Which Palace player, past or present, would you compare your playing style to?

Thanks, George. He never played for Palace, but me and this bloke are cut from the same cloth.

Quote: don rushmore @ August 9 2013, 8:24 PM BST

Thanks, George. He never played for Palace, but me and this bloke are cut from the same cloth.

Laughing out loud

Don't believe a word of it! I bet you're an Ian Wright style fox in the box.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 7 2013, 5:14 PM BST

It was me who twisted Chapman's arm. I'm really pleased to welcome him to our small league - and George who I don't really know.

I 'pm'ed a few others but they declined so this is probably it.

I'd be interested if you'll have me.

After a year's sabbatical I have allowed myself to get sucked into this again.

Though be warned: I still think the better you do at fantasy football, the less you know about the real thing. (Not just me self-vindicating in advance...)

Quote: Rob H @ August 10 2013, 12:14 PM BST

I still think the better you do at fantasy football, the less you know about the real thing.

Godot has just gone odds on to win the whole thing.

I'm having some doubts about RVP now. I think Bale may be a better 'superstar' signing, but that's only if he stays. I wish they would sort his future out, so I could finalise my team.

Quote: Ben @ August 10 2013, 1:15 PM BST

I wish they would sort his future out, so I could finalise my team.

You should tweet this to Daniel Levy, and tell him to hurry up a bit.

Quote: don rushmore @ August 9 2013, 3:56 PM BST

Just won this medal for the Dads v Coaches match at my boy's school. First silverware of the season to me.

Well done, Don. It actually looks like a gong in the photo but I guess that just the wideangle lens making it look bigger.

Cheers, Godot. Definitely a medal but yes, not the best pic.

By the way, I asked you a question on page 1, you didn't answer. Obviously you don't have to but I asked cos I respect your opinion. Fully understand if you're keeping your players a secret, though.

Quote: Rob H @ August 10 2013, 12:14 PM BST

I'd be interested if you'll have me.

After a year's sabbatical I have allowed myself to get sucked into this again.

Though be warned: I still think the better you do at fantasy football, the less you know about the real thing. (Not just me self-vindicating in advance...)

Rob, I know I speak for all the guys in saying you're very welcome. Don't forget to join the 'clique' section of the league.

Quote: don rushmore @ August 10 2013, 4:18 PM BST

Cheers, Godot. Definitely a medal but yes, not the best pic.

By the way, I asked you a question on page 1, you didn't answer. Obviously you don't have to but I asked cos I respect your opinion. Fully understand if you're keeping your players a secret, though.

Sorry Don, I didn't see your question - wouldn't have ignored it.

As you'll probably remember I coined it with Benteke last season, although his red card at the death caused me big problems. I genuinely have no clue what his form's like at the moment, but obviously the fixtures are tough. A DGW doesn't help either as the temptation is to fill up with Chelsea and Villa and I certainly wouldn't want any of the Chelsea forwards in my team.

For me there's one must have forward at the moment and the other two berths are on a fixture by fixture basis. Obviously that's not RVP.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 10 2013, 1:06 PM BST

Godot has just gone odds on to win the whole thing.

It's probably true, I don't know much about football, although I bet your number 1 is Mignolet - who I had for almost the whole of last season.

And I did at least try to post some football related comments, unlike your bi-monthly one line and a smiley. As an ex professional sport's journalist you could surely have managed a bit of analysis?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 10 2013, 4:58 PM BST

As you'll probably remember I coined it with Benteke last season, although his red card at the death caused me big problems. I genuinely have no clue what his form's like at the moment, but obviously the fixtures are tough.

He's in cracking form, another brace today against Malaga.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 10 2013, 5:40 PM BST

It's probably true, I don't know much about football, although I bet your number 1 is Mignolet - who I had for almost the whole of last season.

I've got Marshall and Boruc at the minute, although that is subject to change. If Boruc is confirmed first choice they'll be a decent pairing, they rotate well and are both relatively cheap.

I will try to post more this season, I do enjoy a bot of banter. I was pretty quiet last season because I was so far clear at the top of the league (he said modestly), and I didn't want to come across as a braggart :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 10 2013, 4:58 PM BST

Sorry Don, I didn't see your question - wouldn't have ignored it.

No problem.

A DGW doesn't help either as the temptation is to fill up with Chelsea and Villa and I certainly wouldn't want any of the Chelsea forwards in my team.

I really rate Lukaku and will probably pick him for the DGW. Obviously he's a rotation risk but home matches against Hull and Villa = goals. Even with limited game time.

I've settled on my team, I'm starting the season Van Persieless :O

If anyone's still struggling with their squad selection, this might help, it shows how well teams rotate with each other (very handy when picking keepers and your cheapo defenders)