BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 2

What about a punt on the newcomers to the Premier League? Fernandinho (will he get rotated too much?) or is Paulinho a better option?

Quote: Ben @ July 25 2013, 10:05 PM BST

What about a punt on the newcomers to the Premier League? Fernandinho (will he get rotated too much?) or is Paulinho a better option?

Is that some hybrid of Rio Ferdinand and Ronaldinho?

Are you joining the league, George? We need more players.

Quote: don rushmore @ July 25 2013, 11:12 PM BST

I thought no one would ever ask. :(

The mini-league I played in a few years ago was run by a Palace fan.

And my real team, Tottingham, have drawn you guys in our opening fixture. (Last year we lost our opening game away at Newcastle, which ultimately cost us dearly.)

As for joining this year, I'm considering it. But I need to know a few things first. Like, how rigorous is the medical? What add-ons are on offer? And can I bring my entire back-room team along?

Haha. Welcome aboard. I'll PM you some further details.

Quote: Ben @ July 25 2013, 10:05 PM BST

I'd choose Zaha over those two. He's only 6.5 mil. Scored his first goal for Utd today.

Zaha isn't going to be guaranteed a place in Man Utd's starting XI for a while though, so I'd be reticent to select him.

Quote: Ben @ July 27 2013, 6:00 PM BST

Zaha isn't going to be guaranteed a place in Man Utd's starting XI for a while though, so I'd be reticent to select him.

I think Moyes had a preference for older players at Everton. Even Seamus Coleman is 24. Whereas Brendan Rodgers, say, gave Raheem Sterling a good run in the team, and Paul Lambert loves picking young players.

I can see Zaha doing well with assists though, when he's given the chance.

Quote: Ben @ July 27 2013, 6:00 PM BST

Zaha will get plenty of game time - he's the next superstar footballer. With VP on the end of every pass, 'assist' pts will be huge. He'll win a truckload of penalties too.

I'd pick him myself but I'm 0.5 mil short.

Quote: don rushmore @ July 25 2013, 11:12 PM BST

What have you got me into, Don?! I've just been looking at all the rules, and my head is spinning!

The Metro game I played before was far simpler.

:S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S

It's pretty simple, George. The only thing I didn't get my head round straight away was how the subs worked. And that was pretty simple.

Quote: Ben @ July 29 2013, 10:30 PM BST

It's pretty simple, George. The only thing I didn't get my head round straight away was how the subs worked. And that was pretty simple.

*swallows bait*

So how do the subs work?

Just pay us a quid every week

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 29 2013, 10:52 PM BST

Just pay us a quid every week

So that's why Don roped me in! Laughing out loud

Good cop/bad cop. :)

So yesterday I carefully assemble my squad, and pick my team strip.

Then I find that coincidentally Ben has picked an almost identical strip - the only difference is the colour of the sleeves - so it's back to the drawing board.

Tonight I discover that my only Spurs player, Stephen Caulker, has been transferred to Cardiff.

They didn't even consult me first?!

Should I resign as a matter of principle?

I can already tell that it's going to be a long season. :|

Quote: George Kaplan @ July 31 2013, 8:45 PM BST

Tonight I discover that my only Spurs player, Stephen Caulker, has been transferred to Cardiff.

The only Spurs defender worthy of consideration is Walker. Vertonghen's a class act but 7 mil is too expensive.

Selling Caulker to Cardiff for 8 mil (!) was daylight robbery, by the way. Hats off to your mob.